some people are all show and no go!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

or motor 'bikes are the fastest thing...ever!' bikers

'yeah, really fast on country lanes...with a hairdressers car right behind you....no matter how many cars you over take mate, im still behind you, muhahahaha!!!' oh, and i had a passenger!!!

I love my frp, bikers cant corner and most are too afraid of full throttle too!

that said...i chased a nissan gtr all the way from leek to derby and he couldnt loose me either....that was a tough one, he had SOOO much more power for overtaking!

its amazing what you can do with an FRP and military blue light driving course :)

jacko said:
or motor 'bikes are the fastest thing...ever!' bikers

'yeah, really fast on country lanes...with a hairdressers car right behind you....no matter how many cars you over take mate, im still behind you, muhahahaha!!!' oh, and i had a passenger!!!

I love my frp, bikers cant corner and most are too afraid of full throttle too!

You haven't met me and my bike yet

Jacko brings this up every now and again, I don't try and defend the riders he must come up against :grin:

It's one of those things. Sometimes people don't want to have fun or they don't fancy trashing their cars (in the GTR's case) that are x40 times more expensive racing a 90's hatchback :lol:

Although saying that, there is an elderly man near me who has a 911 and his son has a 944 and I often find them ignoring the 'slow down for bends' sign as you approach the local village. It's a 60 zone but they don't suggest you carry that speed, the Porche's don't mind though. I find keeping up with them good fun (until the road opens out and they vanish).
They even wave sometimes :grin:

I can see I'm going to have to take one of the 1199s from work down Jackos way! Oh and bikes are better because you can't get your knee down or do a wheelie in a car! :-D

Yep, as there are good and bad car drivers and good and bad cars, the same goes for bikers and bikes.....I'm USELESS at cornering on a big bike, well most bikes. I can get round them fairly quickly but no where near as quick as I could get my Puma or RX round them.

Common sense really that most cars should corner better than most bikes but I'd put a few of my mates up against most cars on the twisties as they have bigger balls than me :lol:

If my old Yamaha T80 was quicker in a straight line though I'd beat most cars round the bends. That was a hoot on the twisties as any biker on here will know if they've ridden one....you know, the ones like the Honda 50/70/90 step through but my T80 was a 2 stroke....vrooom :lol:

Funnily enough, my mate was round the other day to show me his new BKing bike or whatever it was called. Had a bigger engine than my RX and he said it was the best handling bike he'd ever had, even better than his SP01.

A well driven car is always going to keep up with a bike in the twisties just because of the amount of rubber in contact with the road and the handling characteristics of a bike. It might be a different story on a track but on the public highway a (sensible) biker is always going to pick a slower entry speed knowing there isn’t the option to slow down if something goes wrong after you’ve tipped it into a corner.

However when it comes to the short straights between the bends and overtaking then there’s no competition the bike's going to win every time. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Latest posts

Back