Standard Exhaust system

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradiddle

I'm preparing for the day I need to replace the exhaust system. As I want to keep the car as original as possible I want to avoid "loud 'n proud" or performance enhancing after market systems. Boring I know, but the car's in a very good condition having been cherished by both owners (now my wife's pride & joy). It's a late 02 model 1.7l, low mileage. Exhaust is sound at present but as it's 14 years old I don't expect it to last much longer.
My local Ford dealer can obtain middle & rear sections but front section including cat now discontinued. I've seen some discussion on replacement Stainless Steel systems so that might be the answer, when the time comes. Any advice?

i was quoted £110 from ford for a standard back box, didnt ask about center box, i do know that if you fit any after market exhaust you have to let your insurance company know otherwise a claim could be void, expect to add at least 20% to your premium

If the car is running well you'd expect the manifold, cat and down pipe to last the life of the car really.. although they do get replaced occasionally. .

The center section and back box (and fixings) are easily available through Ford.. Euro car parts do a reasonable copy of the system but it's not a patch on the original. .

:cool:

Chris

Hi,
If you do have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Back