Strange creaking possible abs noise when slowing down

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adampuma

Had a noise for a long time now when slowing down/ braking coming to a halt.
Its a creaking noise like a door slowly being pushed closed, theres a light thud noise coming from the engine bay possibly around the servo and then a creaking noise coming from the passenger side somewhere shortly after, i have modified my ns rear abs sensor to accomodate the 20mm rear spacers.
There are no abs/tcs warning lights ever.
This noise happens everytime when i come to a halt.
Has anyone heard of this before? :/

I have this creaking noise on my Frp chris (eldoodarino) has told me that it's somthing to do with the rear tone ring as mine started after I had a rear wheel bearing changed and as ford didn't have the tone ring in stock they left my original one on and damaged it abit! So first port of call is to check the distances between you sensor and tone ring and maybe change you tone rings.

Hope this helps.

Yeah i had the rear wheel bearings changed about 4 months ago, is changing the tone ring hard?

Could i take it back to the garage that carried out the rear wheel bearings replacement and say they damage something?!

Defenetly a clearense issue whit the abs sensor and tone wheel, I have this same issue myselfe, bit I can't be botherd to fix it, because the abs works fine, and it's only when I'm just about to stop. I suspect it's my rear right wheel, as there was an issue whit fitting the sensor there when converting to rear discs :)

Changing the tone ring is easy, just unscrewnthe bearing and pul it off, you wil se the ring at the back, it is just stuck on, and bang on a new one, but the issue might just as wel be the sensor, if it's been loose, it might not be all the way back in, or it might have a damaged face causing a clearance issue.

Ok thanks for the help, i might just buy a FRP ns abs sensor from pumaspeed as they are longer and do the job properly!

Latest posts

Back