Suddenly Single....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpettigrew

Well the subject line says it all!

Had a minor row with my girlfriend yesterday (as you do), I made the effort of an apology and she dropped the clanger that she's been unhappy for a while and as a result has got a job in London as an au-pair. She is leaving Doncaster next friday. She went back to her parents last night and collected all her stuff this morning. I tried to talk her round but once she sets her mind to something, well thats it. (Glad I own the house)

Current mental state: Devastated and inconsoleable.

Random Thought 1: Damn, I booked a room at the Hilton Leeds at christmas. Cost a fortune. Could have spent the cash on xmas pressies instead.

Random Thought 2: I wonder how much better the Puma handles with just the driver?

Im a firm believer in everything happening for a reason. The friends and girlfriends ive met over the years have often been a result of something pants happening beforehand, like me breaking my arm, or losing a job.

Chin up mate.

Cheers mate.

I'm sure it will all work out. We'd been going out for 2 years and she only lived here with me for 8 weeks. She lost her job through redundancy and moved in so i could help her out. My sugestion

She never fancied coming on a Puma meet or track day etc. etc. so maybe i'm better off with out her. Not sure she was interested in anything to be honest.

Just the total shock to deal with. :shock: :shock: :shock:

One thought...Breaking you arm and losing your job. Does that mean you came home with a nurse and a recruitment consultant as replacements? :-D

You have my sympathy.

My emotional life was always a dogs breakfast as two divorces and two live-togethers that ended testify.

But eventually you find the right person, just keep on trying.

There are good things about being single and alone, just as there are bad things. Concentrate on the former for the time being, in the certain knowledge that it is something that won't last forever.

I'm not really into car tarts though. might be an option to raise my spirits in the short term though, i bet their arent many that would go for a 34yr old though

rpettigrew said:
I'm not really into car tarts though. might be an option to raise my spirits in the short term though, i bet their arent many that would go for a 34yr old though

I didnt mean a 'car tart' lol, but someone who takes more of an interest in that kinda stuff maybe. Btw, can't you get any money back for that hotel booking?

rpettigrew said:
... i bet their arent many that would go for a 34yr old though

Well I'm a bit older than you mate, and I found Cherie though owning a puma over a year ago, so don't give up hope just yet!

It'll take a while to get used to the situation perhaps, but try to keep looking forward, rather than back at the 'if' 'when' 'should I' etc..

Having come though Marriage, kids and divorce myself, including being suddenly homeless (something you don't have to worry about luckily) I can tell you that it seems like a big hill to get up at first, but give it a while and you'll be coasting down the other side having a ball.

PM me if you want / need a private chat about stuff, or MSN messenger details if that's easier.

Chin up :eek:k:

Thanks Dal, started pulling myself together already. decided that self pity doesnt suit me. Sadly i've been there before and lost the lot (and become homeless too). Fortunately i set things up so they cant be lost again.

As for the hotel, i'm gonna go and enjoy myself. Rooms got a 42" plasma and a playstation in it. Gonna look on the bright side and hopefully find someone to take along. Preferably a girl who loves the Puma and doesnt think its impractical lol.

Takeaway ordered - beer on ice. Great escape DVD primed. This is a night for the boys!

You never know Steve McQueen might make it this time!

women! iv got a few mates with gf's like that....

theres plenty of good ones around tho..... seen my fair share of 'daddies princesses', 'bunny boilers' & 'not interested in anything' types before i found a good un tho

chin up; if all else fails im taking my mates to newquay for a boys only hol in 2 weeks; more the merrier!!

She was a 'daddies princess', Well he can have her now! Cheers for the newquay offer, but i have a mate in Spain and his flat mate is gorgeous (and single too!). If you have facebook - check her out (Angelique Geerdts). We nearly had a fling once, fingers crossed for another go!

sounds like you're halfway to recovery, my friend!

we've all been there at some stage, and things do get better - you will be a stronger person for it, and might even end up thinking you've hada lucky escape

with best wishes

B

Dal said:
rpettigrew said:
... i bet their arent many that would go for a 34yr old though

Well I'm a bit older than you mate, and I found Cherie though owning a puma over a year ago, so don't give up hope just yet!

I'm only 28 too, don't forget that! To be honest, I don't usually remember the age difference, Dal is just Dal. :wub:

You'll find your feet, and we'll all be here with a shoulder or an ear whenever you need us. :eek:k:

rpettigrew said:
Thanks Dal, started pulling myself together already. decided that self pity doesnt suit me. Sadly i've been there before and lost the lot (and become homeless too). Fortunately i set things up so they cant be lost again.

As for the hotel, i'm gonna go and enjoy myself. Rooms got a 42" plasma and a playstation in it. Gonna look on the bright side and hopefully find someone to take along. Preferably a girl who loves the Puma and doesnt think its impractical lol.

Takeaway ordered - beer on ice. Great escape DVD primed. This is a night for the boys!

You never know Steve McQueen might make it this time!

Good idea mate, best way to go imo. Enjoy your evening :)

I think we've all been there mate, good to hear your staying optimistic about the whole thing! Don't let it get you down - best wishes :)

Back