Suspension kits

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter

So, having sold my old Weitec GTN kit for some standard suspension (horrific BTW) I'm now looking to go back to something with a bit of lowering and taughtening.

I was hoping to avoid the whole load of grief that comes with having adjustable suspension, so was hoping that someone could recommend a set of fixed height springs and shocks. I've heard band things about the G-max setup, but what else is there?

I've just had some AP coilovers fitted. They are a pretty new brand but are getting very good reviews already. They are affordable compared to other brands, but the quailty does not suffer as they are german. They are adjustable however, but thats not a bad thing, just set them how you want them and dont touch them again

http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=AP&category=suspension&product=Coilovers&make=Ford&model=Puma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Funnily enough, that AP setup is what I just recommended to Peter via Pm..lol

If it's fixed you want : good quality standard shocks be someone like Sachs with Eibach lowering springs would be a good compromise perhaps?

The problem as I see it with adjustable suspension is that you really need to get the car corner weighted otherwise you're really doing more harm than good, which adds around £100 to the overall cost. Plus I really don't want to drop the car 70mm, 30mm is just fine.

OTOH, having just seen the price of the fixed Weitec GTN kit, there's not much in it from a cost angle

Peter said:
..OTOH, having just seen the price of the fixed Weitec GTN kit, there's not much in it from a cost angle

That's what I was thinking. Might as well get the coilover set and put them at -30mm. Then forget about them. I'd guess the quality of the ride would be better with coilovers than the Weitec GTN fixed set.

The Weitec GTN kit I had before was certainly better than the Eibach springs/standard shocks I had before.

I'd just go for the Eibach springs again but a new set is pricey and I think the shocks I've got at the moment are a bit ropey

Got the semi adjustable GTN's on mine and i have no complaints. Theyre quite firm but can live with it day-to-day. Speed bumps are a nightmare though the clearence is extremly low.

I had those before, problem is the adjustment on the arse end is a total pain. If I'm going adjustable again then it'll be coilovers all round

I got pumaspeed to set them when i got it and have never touched it since. Pumaspeed decided to charge me an extra half hour labour which i found pretty dusgusting though!

not seen your name up for a while! im still rocking your old weitecs and after a hella bad start they are fully working now and are slammed. I rebuilt them many times over so i know where your coming from with the conversation on hassle!

anyways

dont get SPAX as a mate had them in his puma and they were AWFUL!

I've had enough experience with PS now not to pay them for their labour. Plus they're six hours drive away.

Tyeboi - what was that part that they said you needed?

top cups. they had been fitted wrong and had started wearing funny so they became useless. had to get them from weitec uk but they gave me them free for some reason when they cost 13quid each. got it all rebuilt and now its fine

Latest posts

Back