TAPE ecu!!!???

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wazz

hi
i am just curious about the tape ecu.. what is it? as my puma isnt running right and was wondering has it got anything to do with this

Is this a wind-up? It's not an actual tape, if that's what you're wondering. In what way is your Puma not running right?

Its just the name of that version of ECU. There are a few types and they all have funny names because someone at Ford has a sense of humour.

DUDE, TAPE, MUFF & DIVE

ECUs rarely just break so it's probably something else...

did i say it was an actual TAPE?

ive been reading up about them and they say their a good upgrade... :S can anyone tell me why?? also if you have a 4 branch mani it makes awsome popping noises! :S

now ive bought a full puma conversion for my mk5 fiesta since fitted (a week ago) it hasnt been running right (over revving and no power what so ever!) and ive noticed today ive got this TAPE ecu which they say is a good upgrade and i was just curious if that was causing my problems.....

The TAPE ecu was used on circa 1999 Pumas which included all FRP cars. This is why they are especially good at driving 4 branch exhausts etc as that's what the FRP has...

so this has nothing to do with my puma engine over revving, tappy, no power and dies doing a sharp right turn (roundabouts)??

i just thought that this TAPE type ecu was the rong one for my type of engine ( as in the year it is)

If its not running right, that'll be because its either not installed right or the engine is goosed.

Changing the ECU won't change that.

wazz said:
so this has nothing to do with my puma engine over revving, tappy, no power and dies doing a sharp right turn (roundabouts)??

i just thought that this TAPE type ecu was the rong one for my type of engine ( as in the year it is)

Post the engine number.

If you got a TAPE already then that's probably right.

wheres the engine number found mate? ill go and get it asap! cheers

also ive plugged it in to a cheapy code reader and it comes up as p0171 bank 1, system lean....

Engine number should be on the casing near the starter motor where the gearbox bolts on, I found the easiest way to read it was to do a "brass rubbing" of it (just like being back at primary school).

omg the ecu is not an actual tape, cant believe the OP thought it was a tape lol :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back