the dales are alive.....2009 edition

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mort666

to save my poor little fingers :lol: I've just copied the post from the other place exactly (ok....it's laziness :D)

Just thought I would put a post up here to see what the interest is like for me to run another derbyshire dales puma get together in 2009. I've not decided on any exact dates yet, but I did have april in mind. Last year's was in March and the weather wasn't perfect for it (a bit foggy in places), so hopefully a month later will be slightly warmer and still not too many tourists around the place.

After last year's event I think I would make the drive a tad shorter than around 100 miles though :-D but the general format will be the same:

saturday meet around noon
eat
drive with stops and possibly cake
eat
and for any who wish to - hotel for the night

for anyone who didn't go to the last one, but who may be interested, see the two threads below:

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77421

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=75913

Mod edit: This is the Projectpuma thread from last year:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=973" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers

P.S. just to let people know, I'll also be posting an identical thread on 'the other site', so if anyone would have a problem with people from there attending.......tough :D :p

I would imagine just one or the other would suffice Ben, unless you're in the habit of forgetting what you've posted and where. In which case, both can't hurt.

:p

You've both gotta come now red!

:D

Im liking the sound of this. Where abouts are we looking, near the leicster meet area? You wouldnt think i had a degree in geography....

:lol: the starting point is about 30 miles north of where we started Ben's leicester/loughborough meet. the drive will probably head north from this point in a loop back to the start point :)

Last year the place we ate at and a couple of peopl estayed at was just on junction 28 of the M1. There is a new place opening soon though a few miles down the road so I might have to scope out what the pub next door is like for food and possibly change it to that one for the start/finish point :)

I was also thinking that for April it will be a bit lighter at the end of the drive too :)

Dal said:
I would imagine just one or the other would suffice Ben, unless you're in the habit of forgetting what you've posted and where. In which case, both can't hurt.

:p

why, what have I posted? :shock:

If you can get a date ill see about getting it off from the cinema. If its early april though i may be on my honeymoon (if we can afford one!!!)

I think it will most likely be the second half of april, either the weekend of 18/19 or 25/26. the one before then is easter and I bet people will be doing other things for that. Besides, I'm sure the easter weekend I'll be snapping the bikes at darley moor anyway :)

Back