The old dear gets her summer clean.....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPENSPUMA

20130721_182123_zps6579bf8a.jpg

20130721_181825_zps8083e62d.jpg

Well......decided it was time to get the old girl clean yesterday so spent the day detailing her. (Also the bike)

First things first I gave it its yearly going over with a clay bar. Then gave it a coat of Meguairs No2 Polish. Then a coat of Collinite 476....and finally a top coat of my fave wax- Chemical Guys XXX.

All black plastics treated with Megs restorer. Exhaust tip polish with Autosol, Tyres shined with Turtle Wax Wet Shine. Glass cleaned with AutoGlym glass polish and finally the headlights treated with Meguiars PlastX.

Took all day but was worth it...shes back to her best now!

Well as you can see ive still got the Thunder....a new car has been threatening for a while but as of yet ive still not made the jump.

After spending the day cleaning it I thought id make a post.

I have been wondering how many of the old PP clan still own Pumas.

no - Pat has MY Thunder...

I replaced it with a Fiesta Zetec S, but am awaiting delivery of my new Fiesta ST2

good to see you lurking!

*expects online argument about ownership of said Thunder*

Haha..you pair!!! Cant believe youve both got Fiesta ST2s on order.

Im toying over an Alfa Giulietta at present. Maybe I should look at these ST2s!!!

Just had a quick look and yeah them ST2s are nice motors, bet youll have a lot of fun in them.

I do still love my Puma to be honest....I still give it an admiring glance as I walk away from it just like I did when I first got it. Ive had it 8 years and will genuinely miss it when it goes, its been an absolutely fantastic car.

it isn't just the looks, Spens

there are only 2 cars I have test driven that I have walked away thinking I had to have one because of the handling as well as the looks - the kat is one and I have not had delivery of the other one yet!

when Pat stole my Thunder I missed it, and at times still do, but its technology and levels of comfort have moved on and the ST2 should be a worthy successor

Yeah....the Puma just tends to do so many things so well. The handling, the looks, the cheap running costs. Ive always said id be hard pushed to replace it, now im looking I still feel the same...everything else is a compromise of sorts.

For me (unfortunately) im a bit vain so I want something that looks the part but also something a little 'different' from the norm. Handling and whatever else come second.

The minute I saw the Puma all them years ago I knew I had to have one....I didnt care what it drove like...how many mpg or what insurance was. I didnt even test drive my first one, simply walked into Ford and ordered it!

Top of my list are the Alfa Giulietta and the Honda CRZ. Both look the part and are a bit different and are along similar lines to the Puma I guess.

When do you pair take delivery of your new pocket rockets?

you are a brave man ordering a car without test driving it! My circumstances were such that I had to wait 5 years between deciding I wanted one and actually being able to get one!

the STs are coming from dealers in different parts of the country

I ordered mine the week before last and was told it would be built early September; Pat's was ordered last week so it will probably follow a few days later

it will probably be a couple of weeks between build and delivery so we could be into October before we actually get hold of them

Midnight Blue said:
There might be a moondust Thunder for sale in the near future - when I make my mind up whether to keep or sell :-D
No thanks Pat, you thrashed the life out of it as it's had a replacement engine already, my engine managed to stay alive with 32 laps of the Nurburgring, a humungous trip round europe and nitrous without a murmur so god knows what you do/did to 'Bens' car :p

yippeekiay said:
Midnight Blue said:
There might be a moondust Thunder for sale in the near future - when I make my mind up whether to keep or sell :-D
No thanks Pat, you thrashed the life out of it as it's had a replacement engine already, my engine managed to stay alive with 32 laps of the Nurburgring, a humungous trip round europe and nitrous without a murmur so god knows what you do/did to 'Bens' car :p

that's actually a bit unfair, Yip - anyone can need an engine replacement no matter how carefully they drive it eg if a timing belt/chain breaks or if the head gasket goes (or the HCV)

I doubt you will find many cars as well looked after as Pat's car, in terms of bodywork as well as treatment due to driving style. I have been a passenger several times when she has driven that car and would never say she has thrashed the car/engine. There are other folk on the site whose cars I have been passengers in whose styles have been far more 'spirited' than Pat's - either Pat was unlucky, or others have been lucky

Back