The Puma's replacement!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrisg

After six months of the Puma, I felt it was time for change, I had managed to sell it for £895, which meant I could afford a cheap luxo-barge to waft to and from work. This one popped up on Autotrader at the right price, with the right toys and the right engine. It's a Rover 75 2.0CDT Club with the BMW diesel engine, with 228k on the clock. It was a shock going from a Puma's handling to the 75's, it hasn't got any! Small price to pay though, especially with 55+MPG out of her!

P1000650.jpg

P1000649.jpg

P1000648.jpg

P1000651.jpg

P1000652.jpg

P1000653.jpg

P1000657.jpg

P1000654.jpg

P1000655.jpg

P1000656.jpg

Unfortunately not - the budget does not allow such tomfoolery! :lol:

I'll be tangoing the indicators though to liven it up, and I'll be investing in a machine polisher to bring the paintwork up to scratch, despite the couple of bits of rust and the scrapes! I do miss the Puma's handling though, it's one extreme to the other!

That looks jolly nice :wink:
SM29752.jpg

Indeed old bean! :lol: Done well over 1200 miles and haven't missed a beat, only things that need doing is the handbrake needs nipping up, and the central locking is a bit sticky and needs about five button presses for the back doors to play ball. My door opens fine with one touch though, so it's not exactly up there on my list of priorities, going to give it a full service first!

Does anybody have any recommendations for products to use on clouded headlights? Tried Meg's Scratch-x and Ultimate Compound, but the lights just laughed it off and asked for more!

Just noticed you've got the dual zone climate control - my dad has the same in his ZT. Worth having :)

Yes, especially because when I had the Puma, the heater was always set to the temperature that strips skin from bone, which I loved, but everyone else bitched about. I think the aircon gas needs topping up though, but it has a new A/C compressor (£2000!) in 2005/6 so hopefully it'll be just the gas! So now I have my furnace my side, and the other side can have what they want (If I allow them to touch the controls!)

Burn8 said:
nice cd player! :)

Makes it easier to connect an iPod without the FM inteference! :p

Had a minor breakdown the other day, a fuel feed pipeline pressure relief valve snapped leaving the car stranded. Had a nighmare trying to find the bits, eventually getting one from a scrapyard for a quid. Hit 230,000 yesterday though, so I treated the bonnet to a machine polish!

14 Months is a long time. A lot has in fact happened over the course of 14 months. I've moved house twice, started my promotional course in Portsmouth, and left my girlfriend for a new one, taking on board a couple of kids in the deal. What I'm trying to get at is that noone can predict the future, and certainly noone I knew expected me to still have the Rover 14 months down the line...

...but she still lives! She's had her fair share of troubles (Alternator, battery, bushes, crankshaft pulley, handbrake compensator), but with my average weekly mileage regularly exceeding four figures, she's taken it all in her stride. Even managed to pass an MOT first time as well (admittedly with 18 advisories!) Currently, the old girl is sat on 249,100 miles, and still returns 42mpg with a full load and heavy foot!

So why has a guy who was on here briefly come back on here to update you all on a car nobody really cares about? Well, once I get my proverbial sh*t in one sock, I shall be getting a second car, possibly a road-legal track day car. Something cheap, readily available, zesty engine, cracking handling, and plenty of spares. Anybody have any suggestions? :D :lol:

Few pictures of her, she's had a bit of loving today :D

DSCF1008.jpg

DSCF1009.jpg

DSCF1010.jpg

DSCF1011.jpg

Future plans are to replace the front bumper, as it's looking pretty battered, and the clutch master cylinder, which is starting to weep.

Hope everyone is well!

Glenn.

Back