The Zetec S Tractor

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherie

Okey dokey, I've had my my little tractor for nearly a month now, and I thought it was about time I did a thread (I was waiting until I'd had a chance to get some decent photographs before starting one - and can't really put it in our 'ProjectPuma' section of the forum)... I'm not going to be doing any major modifications, just odds and ends to tidy her up.

I knew before I even went to have a look at her, that she had aftermarket alloys, but I went to have a look anyway. I'll be the first to admit that the spec wasn't ideal - there are none of the extras that I'd like or I'm used to. But for the price, mileage, and general condition and history, it was too much of a good deal to pass up. Especially in Magnum Grey, which is one of my preferred colours. And really, the only things I knew that I'd really miss are electric door mirrors, and the heated front windscreen I had in my Puma.

This is how she's been since I picked her up:
d2eea49e.jpg

The alloys are 17" Team Dynamics Equinox, and I really don't like them. I think they're too wide at 7.5".
2aca0690.jpg

8595e304.jpg

(I'm not the best photographer, but I'm pretty impressed with the depth of field on that shot!)

Some of the paintwork needs attention as there's some marbling where the dealer had someone to mop the car, but it looks like they didn't really know what they were doing:
e024e3e3.jpg

669c6e0f.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my first tasks, was to get my hands on a set of the standard alloys. After a bit of searching, and more patience than I'm normally known for, I did a deal for a set that I picked up from Stoke. Another brief wait until payday, and I ordered a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 2 to go on them.

Yesterday Dal and I spent a few hours touching up a few kerb marks on the wheels, and getting rid of the tar and accumulated dirt:
During - it's amazing how many uses WD40 has!
5987f95a.jpg

After:
c6ddf16f.jpg

de792573.jpg

5c2fe2f4.jpg

5362fa43.jpg

A quick trip to our local ATS branch, and a tenner in their Christmas drinks fund later (they don't put the work through the books if the wheels aren't on a car) the tyres were fitted.

Today she had a clean - I would have liked to have got the snow foam on her, but the switch on our pressure washer has gone on the blink - and her new wheels were fitted. I think they look so much better than the ones that were on there:
1f3408a6.jpg

Everything stopped for the F1, then afterwards, we cracked on with some of the minor details: I removed the silly coachline from the sides, and removed the glue it left. In the meantime, Dal attacked the marbled bonnet with the machine polisher. I would have had a go myself, but it's his baby, and I don't quite trust myself just yet! I followed up with some Poorboys Black Hole, and Collinte wax.
13680ac1.jpg

I do have a couple of things left that I want to do.
  • - Fit DMB gel overlays when they arrive.
    - Pick up a second set of headlights, and have a go at tinting the surround.
    - Smoked or clear side repeaters.
    - Leather gear stick gaitors (and maybe handbrake).
    - New speakers and/or stereo (I'm missing some frequencies on both sides, so the sound is pretty crap).
    - Possibly colour code bump strip, mirrors and handles.
    - Possibly spray grills black.

Its a nice car, and looking a look better with the right wheels :)

Grills would look far better being sprayed black

I have to say I like the first photo with the older wheels, also like the new ones too ;)

Out of interest, will the old ones fit the Puma and if so, what condition are they/the tyres in, and more importantly, how much do you want for them? Bear in mind it's me....lol.

They're an ET37 (same as my old Fox3Evos) but are 17 x 7.5" wide so not sure they'd fit without rubbing somewhere. They have 205.40.17 tyres which passed it's MOT last month but not sure how much longer the inner edges will be ok for.
Cherie was planning on putting a for sale ad up soon but now has her nose buried in a book and hasn't decided how much she wants for them either :roll:

Yeah... still not got that thread up have I? :roll:

Anyway, got some gel overlays arrive today for the centre caps as I don't like the standard blue ones. The trouble is I can't quite decide which ones to put on now...!

0526b7ef.jpg

or

b6ac2b37.jpg

Latest posts

Back