Tips on getting 6006 out?!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvlygal

Replaced the battery in Vimto so now radio is asking for it's code back.

A friend lent us what he thought were the right removal keys. Went out to do it last night and although they fit and click, they pull out long before the CD player budges. It wiggles but won't be pulled out.

Are we potentially using the wrong keys? Is there a knack?

Help! We need moosic!

I had a similar problem - it is a pretty close fit and it took me a while to get mine out

once the removal keys were in I had to pull the arms of each one apart slightly to stop them pulling out

good luck!

i used 4 thin screwdrivers in the holes on mine, they are a little more solid than the removal prongs.

I used a metal coat hanger and bent into two u shape pieces. Takes a bit of fiddling but worked for me.

When the keys are in push them in towards the dash and split them outwards towards the doors, the latch that the lever sits against needs dislodging before the radio will slide.

Removed my 6006 the other day..i too spent lot of time wiggling and pulling and it wouldn't budge.....As Ian G says you need to pull the keys outwards and it will just slip out...

Why do you need to remove it to get the code? is it not written in your handbook?

But as above pushing the removal keys sideways should work, did on mine.

No, the original handbook didn't come with the car, only the service history book, so we bought a second hand one.

Thanks folks, I'll go and try again in a bit.

What you doing for the code?

Bosh the serial number in here if you need to check it - http://www.pumapeople.com/decode.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back