To quote Miss Spears, Opps.....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redexr

.....I did it again.

Firstly, at 48 I should know better than to quote Brittney but it is a fact.... I've bought yet ANOTHER Puma.

This one has been kicking around locally for the last 5 years and popped up for sale beside the road in town last weekend.

95K on the clock, all original service/handbooks/every MOT certificate and even has 1st owner bill of sale for £11920. 1st owner kept it till 11/10 and then 2 owners in the family I bought the the car off so making me the 4th owner. Cambelt done at 85K and had new MOT/front brakes last week.

It's unusual in being a base model so no aircon/heated screen/mirrors. Its got rear arch and front arch bottom issues but that's not a problem. Interior is immaculate and exterior is very shiny and major ding free.

All for £375 !!!!

Taxed and insured it yesterday and I'm just going to have a bit of fun with it till winter then tidy it up, so the P reg is on the back burner for a while.

Very rare to have such a late car with no air-conditioning and keep fit mirrors. Might be worth checking that it doesn't have air-conditioning under the bonnet and someone hasnt fitted the wrong heating panel after repair.

Looks great though :eek:k:

It doesn't have the heated front screen either so it's likely that it just doesn't have it I guess!

As you say, quite interesting.

redexr said:
.....I did it again.

Firstly, at 48 I should know better than to quote Brittney but it is a fact.... I've bought yet ANOTHER Puma..
You are a fool to yourself.

Then again, Cambelt done at 85K and had new MOT/front brakes last week and 375 quid, I'd have done exactly the same myself and work out what I was going to do with it later. :)

How can second-hand british cars be so affordable is a mistery to me.

In Spain, assuming it had A/C, you have to pay at least triple than that to get a fine one.

Unfortuanately in Britain every winter the roads get covered in salt to stop them freezing and this stuff will eat a car if its not cleaned off regularly so you can see why British Pumas get into the rusty state they do. This and the fact that most cars reach rock bottom in value from 10 to 15 years old is making the Puma a big bargain in the UK right now.

I saw this happen with the mk1 and mk2 Fiesta XR2 15 and 10 years ago but I wasn't in a position to buy any.

In 10 years time you'll be paying £3K + for a good original or restored Puma.

Time to find a barn and buy that pension fund for peanuts now. :lol:

Update time.

I spent last Sunday doing a targa rally at an old RAF base doing circuits through a coned route and the pebble dashing took its toll on the passenger front wing. Luckily I had a replacement in the right colour lined up. Such an easy job to do compared with old Fiestas

The wing I removed was an original ford part but not original to the car it seems as the paint was black inside. The replacement is a genuine panel I got for just £15 from a local breakers. I've given it a fighting chance with a dollop of underseal as well and will be fitting front mudflaps which I managed to get new..apparently no longer available from ford.

Back