Tom's Silver 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom B

Hi Guys...

After a few weeks looking, iv finally found one!! :grin:
Silver, 1.7, Very good condition, and only 43k miles!

Paid £1,800 for it, which i found reasonable, since id been looking at ones at a similar price with double the milage and problems!

Im only in my second year of driving, so im not doing much in the way of mods, but maybe after iv got a year no claims i may be sneaking a few in!

So far iv replaced the wipers for flat blades
Cleaned under the bonnet and washed down the soundproofing
Wash + Wax ready for winter
Some rust treatment underneath and some undersealing still to be done!
And a Vanilla magic tree to make it smell nice :oops:

Pics

Photo0369.jpg

Photo0368.jpg

Photo0372.jpg

Things to do:

* Underseal the sills and arches
* Fit new car mats - Can anyone reccomend any good sites to get them, that arent too dear!?
* Cambelt change
* New Discs and Pads
* Change window seals
* Fit new CD player, amp and speakers (probably after christmas)
* Rear Arches!! New metal put in and a decent spray job, as the one at the miniute is absoloute cack!

Help!?...

Wheres the best place to source some new discs? Looked on Euro car parts, and they only sell the pads, no discs! And cant change to uprated ones as insurance issues! Do ford sell them still?

The inner seal for my window has worn down (its like a felt material at the top of the window) and now leaves a horrible condensation patch on the window from the inside... Can these be changed?

Can the felt in the wheel arches be taken out completley if i underseal them properly?

Thanks again! :cool:

Back