Top Gear 18 (Neil's new moan thread)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike.

Back on Sunday 29 January, 8pm, BBC2 and BBC HD

SPOILER ALERT

We know from long experience that you hate spoilers on TopGear.com. So for those who prefer to live life in the dark, do not click on the video below or read past the long horizontal line you are about to encounter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right, for the rest of you here’s your first glimpse at a brand new series of Top Gear. Our 18th in fact, and almost 10 years after the very first series.

Inside you’ll find Ray Winstone, Richard at the NASCAR, James on a rather bizarre lap of Dunsfold, a flying man with wings, Jeremy in a wig blowing up a caravan, a C63 AMG Black in a cloud of tyre-smoke and a new, dapper incarnation of the Stig.

http://bcove.me/swc9c8s3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh goody :roll:

I'm tempted not to even bother watching this series rehash.

Wow! They are going to blow up... a caravan.

I bet that will be side-splittingly funny. Will this be anywhere near Morecambe Bay?

I bet they'll use an old Saab 900 in this series somewhere as well.
I was in Dunsfold Aerodrome last week where they have a scrapyard for all the cars they ruin: this Saab was dumped right at the front..

If the pictures I've seen are any indication, it gets squashed.

Good.

Just watched it.

Not the worst episode I've ever seen (James May's segment was great), but Hammond really needs to tone it down. He really is an irratating little moron.

I had to share this rant from the TG website. This man speaks sense.

A Helpful Citizen commented on this article

Monday February 13, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Sweet holy Christ that was awful. Clarkson and Wilman did give us fair warning, which was sporting of them, but if anything, it was even worse than originally feared. The “Sweeney” film wasn’t the worst they’ve ever done—not as long as the VW ads, the build-their-own-electric- car and the ruining-afternoon-radio films exist, anyway—but it’s pretty damned close. That was absolutely shameful. Their embarrassment was almost palpable…and justifiable.

Question for the mouth-breathing troglodytes: Why, exactly, do you feel justified in telling those of us responsible for keeping this show afloat from Day One (you might call us “petrolheads”) to “go watch Fifth Gear”, or some such utter bollocks, when THE F***ING SHOW IS CALLED TOP GEAR? Note that it isn’t called Three Prats Arsing Around And Starting Fires. Top *Gear*…almost seems to imply it’s a car show, doesn’t it? The reason petrolheads have always loved Top Gear is because it was pretty much one of a kind. If you loved cars, you had Top Gear. If Top Gear was on hiatus, there was Fifth Gear. If you watched a show with “Gear” in the title, one should be reasonably certain to expect a show about, you know, cars.

Then, little by little, you cave-dwelling dips***s migrated over from “Wipeout” or “Jackass”, or any number of other such pieces of utterly worthless toss, and started squatting in *our* tent. Seemingly not content to debase humanity with your own swill, you now seem intent on defiling our show, too. And, since series 8 or so, it’s actually been working. Instead of drowning you and your mutant offspring in bathtubs for the betterment of the human race, Clarkson and Wilman have inexplicably actually started catering to you, and crashing our favourite hour of television into the side of a mountain to do it.

How about this: instead of petrolheads screwing off to watch something else (instead of something called Top Gear, for Christ’s sake…), how about YOU lot f*** right off and go watch any one of the twelve and a half billion other bone-from-the-neck up pseudo reality shows available to you, and let us have our show back. Stop trying to turn “Idiocracy” from a satire into a documentary, and stop trying your damnedest to drag mankind back into the sea. And give us our f***ing show back, you halfwits.

He could always watch something else if he's that troubled by it? :p oh no, forgot there is bugger all else to watch on a Sunday night, unless you like strictly come celebrity dancing on ice or pogo sticks or whatever its called. :lol:

I like top gear, but then I'm a brainless baboon as Clarkson would have it. Its like watching a pantomime, only with cars, so I like this a lot as I like pantomimes! (I do worry about myself sometimes).

Then when I watch fifth gear, I just get bored, so I turn over like that chap above should!

i think its a really REALLY well thought out show...here me out...

look at all the other utter crap on tele......it SELLS!!!!!!!

fact; there are more people involved in motorsport / cars than FOOTBALL!!!! yet it doesnt make the news EVERY night like football...ergo most people think cars are BORING...try selling that internationally.....

most people have a car....most people have a hoover, washing machine etc....there isnt a show on the bbc on a sunday for 'top domestic products'!!!!

of course its got to be a pantomime....to be on prime time it has to appeal to most of the population...most of the population have an iq below 120, can never afford these cars but are still interested in some light hearted idiotic behaviour before they go to work the next morning...

i love cars...but 5th gear is just a bit too tedious....i can buy a magazine for all the info / buying guides etc....at least i can sit down and watch tg with my wife...its not her thing but she doesnt mind because its daft rather than boring

yes its a bit silly but it sells...clarkson isnt stupid, same as cowell...and how we all hate him!
not once have i felt the urge to buy a dvd of 5th gears top moments or adventures.....

The Sweeney tripe aside, this series hasn't been all bad so far. I've still to watch last nights episode, but by all accounts it was OK :)