Trackday discs & pads for ST170 brakes?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S1_RS

What disc & pad combo do people use for trackdays?

Currently looking at Yellowstuff pads with EBC D&G discs? Do Mintex do an M1144 pad for the St brakes?

there should be a huge choice for the ST170 brake pads, its the mondeo calipers that doesnt have the biggest choice

PumaJay said:
there should be a huge choice for the ST170 brake pads, its the mondeo calipers that doesnt have the biggest choice

There is a huge choice of pads and also a fair choice of discs, I was hoping to get some opinions from track-goers for a good combination. I initially didnt think Mintex did any performance pads for the ST170 as they didnt list them on their site, however I found that Pumaspeed can supply them.

From their website-

Mintex M1144 fast road / rally Front Brake Pad (set) - Mintex

AS used by M-SPORT in the GROUP 'N' RALLY ST150

We have found nothing to match these Pads from MINTEX

True performance stopping power unrivalled in the ST150 Genuine high performance M1144 material.

This compound is found in the front of the ulta quick stopping FORD RACING PUMA, and are now use by M-SPORT in the GROUP ’N’ RALLY ST150

You will not find better !!!!!

I had them on my Mk1 FRS and they're a damn good pad, great low temp response which gets even better as it heats up. Think I'll go for the EBC G&D discs with the M1144 pads.

i would buy mintex 1144 but there just too expensive, £115 for a set of pads is beyond stupid IMO, ive had EBC green stuff pads in mine for the last 3 years, done 4 track days, plenty of hard days driving and theres still life in them yet, got mintex Extreme D+G discs and theyve been perfect for what i wanted

PumaJay said:
i would buy mintex 1144 but there just too expensive, £115 for a set of pads is beyond stupid IMO, ive had EBC green stuff pads in mine for the last 3 years, done 4 track days, plenty of hard days driving and theres still life in them yet, got mintex Extreme D+G discs and theyve been perfect for what i wanted

M1144 £77.99 inc VAT but plus postage from Pumaspeed.

that is misleading... i know its "image purposes only" but thats not a set of mintex pads in the picture.

they are £115 for the mondeo calipers on the 300mm setup that i run.

even so i still wouldnt pay £78 for brake pads, you only wear them out :p

I've ordered a set today from Pumaspeed, plus I've gone for some EBC turbo groove front discs. Hopefully getting some ST170 rears on Wednesday, I'll see what state the discs & pads are before buying replacements. If I need to I'll use std Mintex discs & pads.

yeh dont go mad on the rears, they wont be doing much of the braking anyway, i just boshed dome std mintex ones in there

Back