TVR's

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris3boro

TVR's
Was speaking to my Dad tonight and was saying how our Westfield is great in the dry but for 8 months of the year it's unusable. He loves the look of the older TVR's, like the Cerbera and Chimaera and even newish Tuscan. Benefit of these is they can be used in teh wet, not for hard driving obviously but for goin to a restaurant etc etc where as the Westy really can't!

So what are people's thoughts on the older TVR's then? Obv the reliability is always mentionned but what about the rest? And which would you go for if you wanted a weekend 'toy'-a westfield or TVR?

For some pics of the Westfield look at my review of it in this section.

Thanks.

Reliability has always been the issue that gets raised. This can only get worse now the company has folded, though many of the parts are from major manufacturers parts bins.

Which to go for as a weekend toy?

Has to be a bike.

XIIVVX said:
Reliability has always been the issue that gets raised. This can only get worse now the company has folded, though many of the parts are from major manufacturers parts bins.

Which to go for as a weekend toy?

Has to be a bike.

not an option. He has no bike license, doesnt plan on getting one. Cars only.

Out of the options? Cerbera for definite! Sagaris everyday :D

:wub: TVR Sagaris and a Ducati 1098 i'd need not ever buy another vehicle.

personally i would stick with the westy. bear in mind i have no experiance of either, but from reviews ive heard tvr's are abit of a handfull.

also why would you want to go to a restaurent in either?

if i had a westy id take it along nice country lanes on the rare nice weekends we get, stop off for a bite to eat in a beer garden then find some more country lanes , then go home. O and ofcourse the odd track day. :)

ok im dreaming now, but id prefer to do the above in a westy over any TVR IMO

Bikes are the way forward for weekend aimless motoring.

Ride round, stop for some lunch, more riding.. then remembering that you probably need to turn around at some point..

mikeFRP said:
personally i would stick with the westy. bear in mind i have no experiance of either, but from reviews ive heard tvr's are abit of a handfull.

also why would you want to go to a restaurent in either?

if i had a westy id take it along nice country lanes on the rare nice weekends we get, stop off for a bite to eat in a beer garden then find some more country lanes , then go home. O and ofcourse the odd track day. :)

ok im dreaming now, but id prefer to do the above in a westy over any TVR IMO

yeh on the twisties the westfield is second to just about nothing, but the TVR would, Id imagine, have such a sense of occasion to it with the noise and interior of it etc.

He's not on the verge of selling it or anything, we were just discussing it. As for the restaurant thing, I just meant with a TVR or something more normal it could be used for a special occasion like going out for the night or something where as you couldnt use the westy for that.

Personally I rarely took the FRP out to 'special occasions'

Any time there was any danger of having any amount of alcohol I felt it best to leave the attention attracting car at home and use the nice, sedate-looking Citroen C3.

I was pulled up far too often in te FRP on various pretexts that to chance using it in that sort of social situation just wasn't worth it.

I'm no fan of BMWs but for a second car used for fun car, I'd take one of these before some roapy old TVR any day.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... x_mileage=

Interesting thought.. but pug ugly.

You'd almost certainly win on reliability, but lose out a lot on sheer presence.

blackersno1 said:
gotta be the Sagaris everytime, for the looks and the performance, one of my favorite cars ever!!

Yeh love them, but they aren't cheap enough. It'd be around the 10k mark IF he wanted a change.

The definitive TVR for me has to be the Griffith. Looks fab, has one of the all time great engines - the Rover V8, and no driver aids whatsoever. I'd love a go in one.

Neil said:
The definitive TVR for me has to be the Griffith. Looks fab, has one of the all time great engines - the Rover V8, and no driver aids whatsoever. I'd love a go in one.

Personally I prefer the Cerbera. Having said that however......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkqu3waw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related
:shock:

I always get the impression that their customers have always been the development team behind TVR.

chris3boro said:
Interesting thought Colin, go on...

i.e. the product hits the market and it's a bit of a rough diamond, customer will then feedback and the company then endeavours to tidy up the cars...

In fact most products are sorted this way...it's just a bit more annoying when your car breaks down rather than your toaster...

It never fails me to see the quality of TVR products close up...it is not good at all...definitely a car you want your mates to buy so you can go for a ride, but not one you'd buy yourself :p

BOK said:
chris3boro said:
Interesting thought Colin, go on...

i.e. the product hits the market and it's a bit of a rough diamond, customer will then feedback and the company then endeavours to tidy up the cars...

In fact most products are sorted this way...it's just a bit more annoying when your car breaks down rather than your toaster...

It never fails me to see the quality of TVR products close up...it is not good at all...definitely a car you want your mates to buy so you can go for a ride, but not one you'd buy yourself :p

lol i'll have to have a closer look and inspect one then.

Latest posts

Back