Uninsured driver clampdown

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Talking on BBC Radio 4's Today programme, transport minister Jim Fitzpatrick said the DVLA would work with the Motor Insurance Bureau to track down drivers without insurance and send them a letter demanding an explanation.

If a driver cannot explain why they have no insurance, they will be issued a fixed-penalty fine of £100, rising to £1,000 and possible court action to seize their vehicle.

Car owners who have declared their vehicle as off the road will not be liable to pay the fine.

Mr Fitzpatrick also said reasonable excuses, such as the renewal fell on a date while the owners were away on holiday, would be accepted.

http://www.myfinances.co.uk/news/insura" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 262179.htm

About time they started really, some years i've felt like i've been mugged for insurance whilst so many don't pay at all.

i love the 'idea'......but so far the dvla / gov only seem to be good at convicting those who 99% of the time are good motorists. & all iv heard is that there a nightmare to deal with to correct what is mainly a small problem or there mistake......

& I HATE......HATE the little clause on your v5 that in effect states the dvla OWN your car (thats how they have the power to crush it) and you are pretty much renting it from them by paying the road tax.....

(same goes for your house and the local govt apparently.........)

i almost daily contemplate the idea of turing my own house into a 'principality'. ok i would have to get rid of my own household rubbish but i reckon i could get diplomatic plates too.....even pass my own laws stating assualt rifles are legal and trespassers can be shot as an act of war.....! (dont think the postman would like that one tho...)

Bring it on Jacko, more Government gob s**t!!!, curent stats 1 in 5 drivers unisured 60 % of all fines issued remain unpaided.

app they only have to leave you with a bed and a chair! thats the law!