Used Alfa Spider

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XIIVVX

Comments?

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2314417.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alfa Rome Spider, Silver with Red Leather interior
Soft top in working order,
Had an engine replacement, new engine has done 9,000 miles, the engine still has 3 years warranty remaining.
Engine has been tuned and chipped

SORN

Selling due to baby

Have spent nearly £10,000 on this car, over £7,000 worth of reciepts

Why is is being sold fopr just less then 10% of its value?

I know Alfas lose money like mad, but thats insane. New engine and decent colour/spec combo must make it worth at least 2-3k???

I'm guessing winter won't help either. Unless its a write off at some point? Cat C/D???

Wouldn't worry me.

My FRP was Cat something, but then rebuilt by Alan at Pumabuild. As long as it's done properly (or even by Alan) there shouldn't be any particular issues. You pay less for it, you get less back at the end

Looks nice that...and I agree with the Cat C/D thingy. My Puma is a Cat C iirc. As you say, if it's done properly it means bugger all as you can have your pride and joy slightly twanged and get a Cat D and know there's bugger all wrong with it.

Cheaper to buy too, as people know, I only paid £1400 for mine 2 years ago with 44k on the clock. If it wasn't that cheap I wouldn't be a Puma owner now and would never of contemplated paying the stupid prices wanted for a Puma at the time.

Sorry for going slightly OT.....

I like the Alfa ;)

Looks ok....BUT....very little info in the advert and not enough photo's for me.

'Engine tuned & chipped' could mean anything at all!

If your close by could be worth a look though.

I agree about the ad not containing much info, but I always try and put as much info on as possible when I'm selling a car.
I don't like the whole "9000 miles" thing either, yeah I know it's a new engine but what about all the components around it?

Nice car though :wub:

I am so tempted. It looks like it could be one of those things where the Owner is just fed up spending and wants shut of it.

Of course needs a good inspection by my tame spanner-man but that would be money well spent. However the drive is already full so something would have to go and I can't see the obvious candidate.

911 - Faster and higher street-cred than the Alfa

Jagdeo - More seats and luggage space than the Alfa

Skoda Ute - Much better for taking gardening and household rubbish to the tip than the Alfa.

Hmmmmmm?

It's pretty, but you don't need it Rob.

Spend the money on a good service for the Porsche instead. :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back