Vertical mount Bluray player?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
On the hunt for a vertically mounted blu ray player for my step mother as she's having a lounge moveabout.

For the uncluttered look I was thinking to wall mount a new TV for her (on a swing arm) and possibly mount a blu ray player behind it. This appears to be something that's not about at the moment? Anyone seen one? Or a decent wireless link of somekind so the blu ray player can be elsewhere?

Ease of operation is important so a PS3 etc is out the question.

Looks like Samsung and LG both used to have specific models for this but both discontinued..

The wireless links work ok but they don't look very nice, we used to use one to send from down stairs to up.

Harder requirement than you may first expect!

Dal said:
[post]354240[/post] Ease of operation is important so a PS3 etc is out the question.

Robyorks said:
[post]354389[/post] Zip tie a PS3 behind the telly, sorted :wink:

:p

20 Quid for the remote, turns it into a standard (3d) Blu Ray player.

Even my wife can work it :wink:

PS: Don't tell her I said that... Please :lol:

Robyorks said:
[post]354503[/post] 20 Quid for the remote, turns it into a standard (3d) Blu Ray player.

Even my wife can work it :wink:

PS: Don't tell her I said that... Please :lol:

I'm guessing your wife isn't 72? (Don't tell my step mother I said that) :lol:

Dal said:
[post]354240[/post] Ease of operation is important
That rules out any vertically mounted Optical storage device.

Although there is no technical reason why they cannot be used vertically, i.e. it doesn't wear out bearings, etc. it is generally acknowledged that they are physically harder/more inconvenient to use, loading/unloading-wise.

Latest posts

Back