Vin number

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnnicol

Hi folks,
So I stripped out the interior of my car today to get it ready for welding here and there, and where the vin number was (should be) there is a hole, so no vin at all, do I need to replace this somehow, or notify the dvla, that the vin has rusted away.?

On a positive note when I removed the carpet and the sound proofing, there was a piece of paper taped to each of these with the date and a list of things, it's all in German, so could this be the build sheet. Thought this was a good find.

Thanks in advance for advice on the vin number

Richard

Sounds like the build sheet for sure Richard.

As for the VIN, it's a common rot spot. On my black Puma the VIN crumbled into nothing so when the floor was repaired the cut out all the rot and butt welded a new plate in which meant no VIN.

It's caused no issues at MOT as the VIN is in the windscreen, and if I ever sold, which I won't, I'd just have to show them the pictures and paperwork to show its not a ringer. Plus the VIN under the bonnet is still there too

Cool, there a few holes in the floor especially in the foot wells of the driver and passenger side, I'd post a photo, but not figured it out yet, but thanks for the info, I'll take a photo just incase, I'll not be selling mine either, I've spent to much on it to give it away

Back