VIN Plate Decoder

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
strip the seats, carpet, boot trim, door cards.. get 2 corbeau seats
remove resonator.. spare wheel... on the way to loosing a few lbs

:(

That's still my car you two are talking about butchering!

:teary:

Sell or keep. Up to you.

:eek:k:

Make a track 'lady' out of it! You could lose 100kgs easily, make a bit of a difference. Even sell the wheels and get some steelies, recoup some of the money, if your not bothered about how it looks. Still a nice looking car though, you would get £1000+ for it.

If you opened the bonnet for the vin number, instead of getting your hands dirty you could of looked at your V5

:thumbs:

Or if you can't be bothered to leave your computer, use the Ford Eits login for Projectpuma members to get your VIN number from your registration plate.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=417" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;)

I tried to use the decoder to find my cars colour and trim details. However my tags not the same as in the example.I have more boxes in the vertical column on the left hand side of the tag, and less boxes in the bottom horizontal row. Also non of the codes in the thread match anything stamped on my tags. Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppp
anyone got any ideas how to decode my tags / vin plates?
Cheers

Cheers yog but I'm not seeing anything there that helps. I simply dont seem to have the same amount of boxes as the vin plate shown.For example the vin plate shown has 5 vertical boxes numbered 7, 8, 9 ,10 ,11 I have 6 or 7 boxes not 5.

In the thread, the bottom row has four boxes I have three and two dont have anything in at all and the one that does have something in it doesnt correspond with any of the codes in the vin code thread.

In fact I dont think there is anything at all on my vin plates that matches any code in the thread anywhere.

Just found out about the Ford etis website and got the details I needed

http://www.etis.ford.com/home.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pacifica Green Medium Solid and chrome / twill fabric

You must be doing something wrong.
When I type my VIN (17 Letters and Numbers) in the box in the first link, I get the following decode:
Manufacturer Identifier: Ford Werke A.G. (Germany)
Body type: 2 Door Coupe
Line: Ford Germany (Own Assembly)
Assembly Plant: Cologne (Germany)
Model: Puma/Capri
Year: 2001 (some codes are used for more than one year)
Month: December
Production Sequence: 57278

Or, from the Ford ETIS site (In Dal's link earlier on):
Puma Thunder
VIN Number: ?????????????????
Registration Number: ???????
Registration Date: 14.02.2002
Registration Country: GB
Build Date: 03.12.2001
Vehicle Line: Puma
Body Style: 3 Door Coupe
Version: Series 10
Engine: Zetec 1.7 EFI
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual - B5/IB5
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 3.82
Emission: 2000 EEC (EEC 7)
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"GB"
Paint: Moondust Silver (Metallic)
Interior Fabric: Leather

Cheers Yog I was doing it fine on the first link thanks, it just didnt give me the info about paint colour and trim material that I was after.

Hi Guys, I'm fairly new to using this forum (even though I registered yonks ago). Madmole (as well as the VIN decoder) did a VIN plate breakdown with diagrams for his Modeo, has anyone ever done a version of that for the Puma? The VIN plate is a fair bit different (as I think quest63 was saying) and of course none of the coded info is going to be the same (eg trim specs, etc)? Some of the info is the same but down the left column it is totally different and I was wondering what all the info on the plate was telling us?

Here is the link to the Modeo version: http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/Reference/VinPlate.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just thought I would ask, as you guys are on the ball with these things... :wink:

Found out mine :grin:

Manufacturer Identifier: Ford Werke A.G. (Germany)
Body type: 2 Door Coupe
Line: Ford Germany (Own Assembly)
Assembly Plant: Cologne (Germany)
Model: Puma/Capri
Year: 1997 (some codes are used for more than one year)
Month: December
Production Sequence: 50139

Latest posts

Back