vvt help... I think.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matsui92

Hi,

I have recently changed engine, due to a problem I had with my old one. New engine is running great, was a great local find at the right time. I'd like to repair my broken engine, as I am planning on using it in my suzuki sj, will be a fun project, but obviously, I'd like to fix the engine before I even look at how to mount it into my small jeep.

It's a 1.7i vvt Zetec S, and I think the vvt is the suspicious/failed bit. When it broke, for about a month leading up, it was making a horrible vibrating sound. Then engine management light came up and soon after cut out, while making the noise. With the engine now out, I can confirm that the belt and tensioner is all good, which was what many were saying was the issue. The engine turns over, valves and lifters all seem ok, however I haven't taken it apart too much.

My main question is, does anybody know any relatively simple tests I can do to determine if vvt is my issue, and how to go about fixxing it? I have read that the solenoid can stick and stop working, can this be checked?

Also on a different note, I managed to fall in a pothole a tad quickly and buckle my alloy, leaving me to do a roadside wheel change. Does anybody know of a place to repair, or is looking at getting a replacement a better option?

Thanks all, happy puma driving.

As for the wheel, I think it would be better off to replace it.
Alloys can be straightened, but I've read it can actually weaken them.

Ok thanks, I shall save my time and money bothering with that, thanks. I've learnt I can't drive it like my 4x4 the hard way.

Back