want new wheels

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumba

if i wanted to fit 17" x 7.5 wheels with 205/40/17 tyres to a standard 1.4 car on a w reg would they fit straght on or would they go past the wheel arch? because i dont like my standard wheels ( they are not the the 5 fan wheels ) and i dont realy want to lower my car ( yet ) thanks pumba the new cub in the pack

hmmm, I cant ACTUALLY answer your question Martyn lol but I will say this....if you go for bigger wheels especially big 17's then without lowering it'll look a bit ridiculous. But i would think they'd go on ok, Dal has 17's on his and it's even lowered a fair bit. Hope this helps, even though I doubt it will :)

Timon

7.5 wide will be pushing it a bit unless you got to a larger offset. The normal offset range is ET34-37. Mine are ET37 and 7" wide and just about touch on full lock with 205/40 tyres.

17" x 7" alloys are far more common than 17" x 7.5" anyway.

I'd agree that it would look a bit laughable without being lowered if you want 17s...

The wheels off a Focus ST170 do look OK when mudflaps are also fitted and they are 17" though...

well all it was that i can have them cheep off a friend and they are ford wheels, good job you lads know this stuff cos would have just got them as a fast fix, and they would not have been right, thanks guys

yea chris they would but i dont have a friend with a free set lol

Back