water loss

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keza1

my heater stopped blowing hot air the other day and car was hotter on temp than normal. I got home and checked the water and it was very low in the expansion bottle. filled it and monitored yesterday. it had drop prob a millimetre but that was maybe because it was hot and just been used for 15mile. went to it this morning and checked and it was half way down the expansion bottle. seems to be leaking overnight when not in use. any one got any ideas??
cheers.

A million and one places you could be leaking from.

Radiator
HCV
Water Pump
Any of the pipes that carry coolant.

You ideally need to get it up in the air and see where its coming from. Unless its the radiator its straightforward enough to swap pipes and the HCV.

just checked and it is dripping
looks like its dripping on to the floor from below the expansion tank
its been sitting for 2 hrs and had a lil patch of about 20cm across on the floor
cant see anythin obvious from the top
what pipes go that way underneath as there is no sign of water in top half of engine bay
its not rad or that would leak straight down from front

i have just had a new HVC fitted recently and all pipes seem to be ok around it and no signs of water.i laso had a new clutch....is there any pipes he could of knocked or took off and not put back on correctly?

My car had similar problem, started losing little amounts of water and it got worse, the thermostat housing was all corroded. Did not cost to much to correct to be honest.

where is it located and what was involved? how did you fix? how much?
got a feeling if it is something like that then the weather has played a part with all the snow and salt

I had to replace the overflow pipe on mine, cost about £6 from ford and just comes off. Check the hoses coming from the tank, if they feel wet where the meet theres your leak.

top pipes seem dry but im gunna spend the morning on it tomorrow
gonna be a right pain in the arse.lol

Back