Well, now over the 100k

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

expatscot

Less than a year into my Puma ownership and I have taken the thing over the 100,000mile mark.

It was on 68,000 when I bought it - so that is over 32,000 miles in 11 months, which is above and beyond the mileage/use that was envisaged for the Puma.

And it hasn't missed a beat and has needed very little upkeep - long may that continue.

Here's to another 100k - albeit that may take me 3 years or so.....

good stuff! My banger has another 33 miles to do before the big 100k so should do it at the weekend

There are a few things I need to sort....

- I think the battery is getting close to its last legs (but am sure it's the original,so that's not bad)
- I am due to get the parts and service it in the next few days/week or so
- there is 'some' {as yet undiagnosed} suspension component that needs replaced.
- am about due to renew brake pads and discs, but 32,000 miles of my driving, that's hardly surprising.

Other than that - all is well in Puma land. And all the miles I have done - well certainly 98% of them - are all open road, with very little stop/start urban.

Funny you mention your battery - mine went last week and that was the original as well. But at over 10 years old you can't complain really. :thumbs:

Dal said:
Funny you mention your battery - mine went last week and that was the original as well. But at over 10 years old you can't complain really. :thumbs:

Exactly....

In fact, considering the age of the car AND the amount of miles I subject it to the car is amazing. Still gives 100%, and has a very tight, responsive feel.

Am I will notice a difference when I find out which suspension components need replaced and address that.... will be like a new car.

nice to hear your doing well with your mileage, gives us all hope for the 1s who are no wear near that mileage, that we are on to good things to come.
mind a allways say if you look after your car they tend to look after you.
do enjoy your next 100k

Just reading this topic, whats the highest mileage puma on the site? I've just bought an R reg yesterday thats done 57k which i thought was pretty good for an 11 year old car. I did phone about one that was for sale and the guy said it had done 133K. Didn't bother going to see it but good to know the engines last that well.

Not sure about highest on this site but from memory I think is at least one over £150k and many that are well over £100k :D

stuey650 said:
Just reading this topic, whats the highest mileage puma on the site? I've just bought an R reg yesterday thats done 57k which i thought was pretty good for an 11 year old car. I did phone about one that was for sale and the guy said it had done 133K. Didn't bother going to see it but good to know the engines last that well.

Good if it's been looked after, and the mileage is documented. As it's a R plate, it's got the analogue dial, which means that 157k will show exactly the same as 57k.

Mine's only on 65k at the moment. :D

Cherie said:
stuey650 said:

Good if it's been looked after, and the mileage is documented. As it's a R plate, it's got the analogue dial, which means that 157k will show exactly the same as 57k.

Mine's only on 65k at the moment. :D

yeah got all docs, all old mots etc and its usually obvious with cars by condition on interior, engine bay etc that have been right round the clock, this one is definately genuine.

Back