What a fluke!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattP

Well, 3 weeks ago I was mightily hacked off. My 2006 Vauxhall Vectra SRi decided that life was not worth living, threw off it's timing chain, and sat (once I'd towed it) redundant on my drive with a potential 2k bill to resurrect it.

I decided that this was throwing good money after bad, and that as punishment for ignoring my own *NEVER BUY A VAUXHALL!!* rule set in 1995 due to the near-melting of my Astra GTE engine from a failed head-gasket, I should sell the Vectra as a non-runner and only spend whatever someone was willing to pay for it on an "A to B" car.

As someone who enjoys cars, I'd been left completely underwhelmed by the characterless Vectra, but it served a purpose as a stuff-shunter, and a safe haven for my new baby girl to be carted around in for her early days, so I actually now had a chance to see what fun I could have buying something else.

I found a great eBay buyer for the Vectra who was willing to give me a grand for it, and I looked around for something to grab, when my wifes boss's Puma cropped up out of the blue. He had a new baby, and despite having loved the car from when he bought it new in 2001, practicality (and his Missus) had forced him to sell for around the £1500 mark, in unscathed Black paintwork, not a mark on the multispoke alloys, 84k on the clock, and a great history of being fully molly-coddled.

I took a look, and liked it, looking all smooth, and then for a drive, and was pretty much immediately stunned.

My first car was a 1983 MG Metro, which I adored. It was the most fun of any other car I've owned (and I've owned a fair few)...........but only up until now.

I picked up the car yesterday, and it's already blown my mind.

So there we go....a very long winded way to say hello, I'm now one of you.

Converted in 24 hours. Amazing. I've just come back from a lunchtime blast, and can't wait to get out of work, so I can drive home.

:grin:

Hey, welcome to ProjP :eek:k:

IMG_8334a.jpg

Photo courtesy of Johnik

Hello and welcome.
Congratulations on your new baby girl.
I know what you mean about the MG Metro, my wife had one as her first car and it was a hoot to drive considering it was a Metro! Lol.
Hope you enjoy the Puma. :cool:

Latest posts

Back