What's wrong with England national team?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild E. Coyote

Puma Supporter
I am following it rather closely for decades. Always full of excellent players, never a team to be reckoned with. I would suspect something is wrong with motivation, as we (i.e. Croatia) have won in that epic game on Wembley 3-2 and in rematch a year later got crushed 5-1 or somethin similar. I would say that was a payback and your team was really motivated what just comes as comfirmation that your natinal team is not motivated enough? I guess your players earn to much money?
Or am I wrong? Can someone explain it to me?

Cheers,

As a non football fan and as such an unbiased casual observer, I think it's the same as you do, a lack of motivation. Or maybe even complacency, and it's only when they realise it's not as easy as they thought it would be that they really try, and end up doing quite well.

Also prepare for an army of football fans to riot and destroy.

Hi Sinisa
We've probably got the best squad we've had in years. I blame it on the FA's old school boys and choosing staid and boring managers and coaching staff. Leicester won our Premiership this year and reflecting that all the teams that are willing to work for each other are doing well, our lot can't be arsed to chase after a ball and it's not drummed into them.
I hope Croatia do really well as they look a good side and are scared of no one.
Barry

I can't remember enjoying watching England play.

Argentina against USA a couple of days ago was great. Not so much for USA but anyway..

I still can't believe last night's game against Iceland. I would just love to be able to see the pregame meeting and what coach told the players. As on field I couldn't detect any sort of either system or motivation.
We would make our players walk home from France to think it over after a game like this...... :roll:

Edit: And they would have to walk about 1400 kms from Paris, just to make it clear. You are across the Channel, that is to short distance IMHO

Hi Sinisa
I never watched the first half as MotoGp was on at the same time and I had an idea what would happen when I heard the squad that had been picked. Our Muppet manager dropped two of our best players from the competition so far to go back to his original squad. I sort of half watched the second half but could see they were completely clueless as you said "I couldn't detect any sort of system or motivation".
I've heard that Roy Hodgson fell on his sword after the match but the FA will appoint some boring clueless old fart again as they usually do as he won't ruffle their feathers or cause waves for them.
Sad really..... :-(
Barry

I didn't see all the games of England but I did watch them against Iceland and they were really too weak for being all premier league players. They were not well organized either. Very strange

Latest posts

Back