Where to get cambelt done in Swansea?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve18

Had a look here but couldn't find a garage in my area. Ford Quoted £385 LABOUR ONLY!

I have all the parts - cambelt, aux belt, water pump and rocker cover gasket so just need a reliable garage with highly skilled and dedicated mechanics!

Cheers for any info.

Hi and welcome!

Have you had a look in the Garage list? (there's a link in my signature below)

The Garage list is a log of all the garages people on here have used and who have reported good service. It's generally best to find a garage that's done a Puma before as some struggle to time it up properly.

Brownie points for getting all the appropriate bits! :thumbs:

Yes, looked at the list but nothing near Swansea. It's 5 years since the last change and don't want to risk driving too far to get it done (can't trust the right foot!). Got the tensioner too, forgot to put it in.
Thanks for the reply.

Did you see the one in Llanelli? That's only 12 miles / half hour away.

Yes, it's quite a way from Llanelli but will probably give them a bell if there's nothing recommended in Swansea. Ammanford is the closest so far.

For future reference, the following garage doesn't have the tools to do a cambelt change on a 1.7.

J.M.Davies & son ltd
Brynfedwen Garage
Carmel
Llanelli

Hi mate,
Theres a guy who's good as gold in pontardawe, Lee, if close enough.........knows fords inside out, well most cars for that...he's worked on my puma.
Will find you his number if you want....

Haven't had time yet, booking MOT tomorrow and will see if my usual garage can do it first. If they can't I'll give Lee a bell. Expensive week ahead!

Expensive......always the way mate......yep give Lee a call, he can do it no probs, maybe good idea even just to get a quote off him, maybe save you a few quid :idea:

Just to wrap this one up the cambelt was done at:

Guild Motor Services
58 St Helen's Road
Swansea SA1 4BE
01792 648 876
guildmotorservices.co.uk‎

£110 labour, I supplied all parts. Good deal I thought.
Will add to the recommended garages.

Cheers for all the feedback - I'll update the garage list accordingly; some great info on this thread! :thumbs:

Back