Whobly stearing higher speeds

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Destynx

My Puma was brought in for MOT, new tires and new brakes.
They also replaced the driveshaft sleeve on the right because it was torn.

Since I got it back it has this wobbling feeling above 60mph, every small stearing input makes the car amplify that and the back seems to wobble a bit in the direction I stear. Alread got new shocks at the rear but made no difference.

Tires are Toyo Proxes T1R and they're inflated to the right pressure and I also tried inflating them a bit more.

Anyone got some ideas what could have gone wrong?

Will do soon as I get home, just jack it up and check for movement in the tyre up and down right?

In and out at the bottom to test the bottom ball joint.

It could be a warped brake disc or a seized caliper. I had a Hyundai in at work with an atrocious wheel wobble, turned out it was the caliper seized and biting the disc at a certain point which was making the steering wobble. It knackered the rack and it had to be replaced.

Destynx said:
[post]352107[/post] My Puma was brought in for MOT, new tires and new brakes.
They also replaced the driveshaft sleeve on the right because it was torn.

Since I got it back...
They should look at the new work on the brakes again, I reckon. Co-incidence happens less often than people think.

get them to check the wheel balance again... vibration in the steering wheel at certain speeds it quite often due to wheel balancing... for example my FRP was out by 5 grams and it was vibrating in the steering at around 65-70mph... took it back they sorted and commented how it was only out by 5 grams (which often doesn't cause a problem) took it back out on the road and all cured.... standard puma aren't generally as sensitive but it would be the best place to start as it could be that simple.

Back