wider track

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMO

i want to widen me track like the frp i now ill need frp track rod frp drive shaft frp lower arm what els do i need and how mush would this cost

i now it my first tme on here still workin it out

You are better to use focus mk1 track rods, if you do manage to source FRP ones, youll pay a fortune for them, but i think the focus ones are only a few mm different. Speak to D170sam, i think he is using focus track rod's and has converted his puma to FRP spec. Just remember if you use FRP hubs, you will need to use FRP suspension, or get hub adapters as the struts are 4mm wider then standard shocks.

And good luck trying to find NS knuckles. As previously stated, this is not a quick or cheap change... I have all the bits for mine but i won't even consider it until perhaps winter time.

Oh yeah, i forgot about that, getting hold of hubs can be a nightmare, and again not cheap! might be easier to just get lower offset wheels, and hubcentric spacers. Yeah it puts more load on bearings, but i had 30mm spacers on the rears of mine for the whole time i had it, and never had bearing problems. An ET15 wheel and a 20mm spacer will increase your track by 70mm (if your wheels at the moment are ET30)

Back