Win 7 SP1 IE 11 slow slow slow

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quest63

I am having massive problems with IE 11 on a Windows 7 SP1 laptop. Particularly with Hotmail Outlook or live.com whatever its called nowadays.

Firefox however works perfectly fine.

A simple action like selecting and deleting two emails and moving between two folders an cause Long Script warnings, Recover Webpage warnings and IE 11 not responding. Other web use is also slow. This is regardless of location.

I have no add ons enabled and I have installed Microsoft essentials. I am also still unable to get updates since re installing Win 7

Any help is most welcome.

Regards

Hi Lee,Ive deleted and reinstalled IE11 but that didn't help. I may be wrong but I don't think I even have Java installed but I'm happy to be corrected. I have disabled shockwave flash object but it didnt help. I dont know what else I could or should disable?

Cheers

Just my general advice when people are struggling with browsers (usually flipping IE). Generally, if you have reinstalled a browser and it's still troublesome, it has to be an external program that links in with it, such as Java, Flash, that sort of thing.

I'm no expert (and I'm sure someone will be along to tell me I'm talking sloblock fairly soon), but I spend a great deal of work time remotely trying to troubleshoot issues with browsers. Generally, I tell them to use something other than IE...

Bit on Java here - https://java.com/en/download/help/windows_manual_download.xml that may help.

I presume there is no evidence of any unwanted programs operating on that browser (malware, PUPs that sort of thing)?

quest63 said:
A simple action like selecting and deleting two emails and moving between two folders an cause Long Script warnings
Certainly on most browsers when you get a Long Script warning (which is a JavaScript message) there is an error pathway message underneath. If you can copy this with paper and pencil ('message was something like...' doesn't cut it on this) and write the exact error message here, then we'll see what we have.

:)

Hi lee as far as I can tell after running Microsoft Essentials and malicious software removal tool there's no malware on board cheers.

Hi Frank I'll look out for that thank you

Win8 has problems with no signed drivers. Search in google for help. By now we only support Win Xp and 7.

Back