Workshop manual?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomEbbs

Hi All,

I’m looking for a workshop manual for the puma 97-02. Haynes don’t seem to do one.

I’ve seen a few PDF ones on eBay for £24. Anyone bought these? Are they any good?

Any alternatives available?

If you go on emanuel you can download a copy for £10 or get a copy already down loaded on a usb stick for £19.99

Hi,

I had access to the official Ford workshop manual and wiring diagrams from the Ford PTS (Professional Technician System) and have just downloaded them as PDF’s. They are for my Puma VIN (1.7 2000) but as far as I can see also include information covering other Puma models (e.g. the 1.4 engine) but not the racing Puma. The total file size is about 180 MB. Happy to make this available to the Forum.

Hi,

I had access to the official Ford workshop manual and wiring diagrams from the Ford PTS (Professional Technician System) and have just downloaded them as PDF’s. They are for my Puma VIN (1.7 2000) but as far as I can see also include information covering other Puma models (e.g. the 1.4 engine) but not the racing Puma. The total file size is about 180 MB. Happy to make this available to the Forum.
That would be awesome.

Great info here all. Super helpful!

If you go on emanuel you can download a copy for £10 or get a copy already down loaded on a usb stick for £19.99
Hi,

Hi,

Hi. Did you manage to upload that PDF? I have a 2000 reg 1.7 and really need a wiring diagram to reconnect the tailgate electrics. Any help appreciated! Thanks.

hi,
"Ford_Puma_Zetec_1.7L_EFI_Manual_Workshop_Manual_1997-2002.pdf" is 103Mb.
wiring diagram is more or less 200 pages of 1618 pages it contains.
I can email you wiring chapter . just let me know by pm.
cheers,
Pierre.

The Haynes Fiesta manual 95 to 02 has some relevant information. the full genuine Ford manual can be downloaded for free from the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/fordpuma/files/files
There are a lot of How to guides on the this group, which are really helpful, I've used them a lot. How To Guides
Does anyone have an alternative link for this Facebook file? When I try it, I get an error saying the page is missing. (I should say that I don't use Facebook, just in case it's actually an access permission problem in reality).
I also can't spot a download option on the other online PDF site somebody mentioned (although with so many PDF viewer ads I might just be failing to spot it).

Unfortunately the file is too big to send by email.
You would need to join the group to be able to access the files.
I used to use a different name to access a Facebook account, so you could try that. As I was into classic Mini's, I registered as Austin Morris ! There are a lot of Puma related technical downloads on the Facebook Ford Puma Owners group.
Alternatively PM be a What's App mobile number and I can send the file that way.

Tried uploading the one from that Facebook link to here but file too large at 33.6mb :(

Let me have a play around.......

Splitting it up into smaller sections......

F sake, 11mb each is still too large :mad:

Ok - seems 10mb is limit for each PDF, give me a few minutes as I need to split it into 6 parts :ROFLMAO:

....There you go, unfortunately as they're split it has removed the quick index section normally on the left to find stuff quicker.
I hope to god these are what was wanted 🤭

Attachments

• Ford_Puma_Zetec_1.7L_EFI_Manual_Workshop_Manual_1997-2002 - Part 1 of 6.pdf
    8.1 MB · Views: 11
  • Ford_Puma_Zetec_1.7L_EFI_Manual_Workshop_Manual_1997-2002 - Part 2 of 6.pdf
    9.1 MB · Views: 6
  • Ford_Puma_Zetec_1.7L_EFI_Manual_Workshop_Manual_1997-2002 - Part 3 of 6.pdf
    9.3 MB · Views: 6
  • Ford_Puma_Zetec_1.7L_EFI_Manual_Workshop_Manual_1997-2002 - Part 4 of 6.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 6
  • Ford_Puma_Zetec_1.7L_EFI_Manual_Workshop_Manual_1997-2002 - Part 5 of 6.pdf
    9.4 MB · Views: 6
  • Ford_Puma_Zetec_1.7L_EFI_Manual_Workshop_Manual_1997-2002 - Part 6 of 6.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Tried uploading the one from that Facebook link to here but file too large at 33.6mb :(

Ok - seems 10mb is limit for each PDF, give me a few minutes as I need to split it into 6 parts :ROFLMAO:

....There you go, unfortunately as they're split it has removed the quick index section normally on the left to find stuff quicker.
Thankyou for going to this effort.
I think they will prove very handy.
May be that navigating is a little challenging, but certainly a huge improvement on what I had before (nothing :))
thanks again

Very good, I've no idea how you've done it.
Its a pity we can't host this type of file on here, as there is a lot of useful stuff on the Facebook group, which I've downloaded.
On the other side, the "How to Guides" on here are really helpful and I and others have shared them to the Facebook group.

Here you may download the original Ford TIS disk image. Unfortunately it needs to run under a Win7 Virtual Machine. Let me know if you'd like to have the full image, but be aware it'll be a huge download.

Your welcome.

PS: If you need Ford IDS let me also know :)

Reactions: red
The file is allowed it's just too big for the limit. I only have limited access to system settings
Very good, I've no idea how you've done it.
Its a pity we can't host this type of file on here, as there is a lot of useful stuff on the Facebook group, which I've downloaded.
On the other side, the "How to Guides" on here are really helpful and I and others have shared them to the Facebook group.

I can't see what the file size limit is set to but I'm sure the big admin could adjust it as I doubt there would be a large quantity of them. I can see the board would accept 50Mb files but the attachment limit must be lower than that.

Here you may download the original Ford TIS disk image. Unfortunately it needs to run under a Win7 Virtual Machine.:)
What a pain that the only thing that still can still be installed and work in Windows 11 is the Checklist Generator for printing out different service interval checklists :(

What a pain that the only thing that still can still be installed and work in Windows 11 is the Checklist Generator for printing out different service interval checklists :(

Yes it is. But for this purpose (TIS and IDS) I have a very old laptop with Windows XP that I keep running. As it's so old it doesn't matter if it gets damaged or dirty whilst working in the garage.

After a couple of hours of fiddling today, I managed to get TIS working on a Windows 11 machine in a virtual XP environment via Microsoft's Hyper-V. Bit of a learning curve there at every step but it worked out. VMWare might have been easier, but I started with Hyper-V and persevered. Windows 7 may also have been a better idea than XP, but I hadn't realised it worked on that version until I looked back at a post here.

Back