worst puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks horrid.

The only bodykits that looks ok are the original FRP one and the S1600 one.

Why would you want to make your Puma look like an Audi R8 (sic) :?: Are you going to but the 4 Audi ring on the front to finish it off. Or maybe chrome the grill so it looks more like a Bentley?

If you dislike or are ashamed of the identity of your car that much sell it and buy a new car... :?

The Racing Puma/S1600 kit makes it look more Porsche 911ish but without losing the identity of the car.

This is even worse :?
http://www.essexracing.com/product_info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ts_id=1152

If some one wanted to make there car look like any other car then i think there are more reasons then those stated maybe its because the feel by doing that thats their taste and it looks good. But it is their car.

Me personally may like the audi kit, but does that really mean im ashamed of my car or looking at ways to improve it my way, not to say that i would do it.

But just because the majority of people say what you have done is wrong does it make it wrong???

When your talking about modifying, its about your taste and what you like and should never be influenced by other peoples opinions. Your car can be what ever you want it to be because its your car

benking said:
When your talking about modifying, its about your taste and what you like and should never be influenced by other peoples opinions. Your car can be what ever you want it to be because its your car

I agree entirely. Same goes for cars in general, without even modifying them or indeed anything that is a personal purchase.
I'm sure the owner of the first Puma in the thread would disagree with you about his car.

But why make your Puma look like an Audi :?: It's neither innovative or original. I can accept it's different but is it a worthwhile improvement...BTW I am not a purist by any means but I'll only consider modifying something if I feel there is an improvment in doing so. A forward step as opposed to a sideways one so to speak.

BOK said:
I'm sure the owner of the first Puma in the thread would disagree with you about his car.

I would be so pissed if i found my car in this section :-D

I do agree about trying to copy another car, but look at it like this and tell me if you agree or dissagree.

Would you say its copying a car or transfering certain aspects/styles of a certain car.

lexus lights, evo mirrors, lambo doors etc they are marmite mods but orignate from diffferent cars are you copying a car by having them or what????

benking said:
I do agree about trying to copy another car, but look at it like this and tell me if you agree or dissagree.

Would you say its copying a car or transfering certain aspects/styles of a certain car.

lexus lights, evo mirrors, lambo doors etc they are marmite mods but orignate from diffferent cars are you copying a car by having them or what????

One thing is for sure, an Audi grille does not belong on a Ford Puma.

The examples are a bit different because in some cases you are taking the concept from another car rather than just the styling.
But taking your examples- most Lexus lights are poor quality units that have chromed innards with clear plastic covers...they are not the same shape or design as those found on a Lexus. Evo mirrors are again usually of poor quality, nowhere hear the quality of those from BMW and in roughly the same shape. Lambo doors are not at all like the doors found on Lambos, sure they rise up on front mounted hinges but they flop about from side to side when pushed and none of them look like they belong on the cars they are attached to. It takes more than rising doors to give the visual attack of a real Lamborghini.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask about this as I have always detested all those mods you've mentioned above...I have a personal hatred of fakes and copies of things, partly in due to my chosen course of studies which involved sitting down and thinking hard about original solutions rather than just plagiarising someone elses. I absolutely refuse to copy someone else's design.
So, call me a ****er but nothing I own are fake/cheap copies of the originals, I would rather dream of owning something than spend even 1p on a fake item that gets me no nearer to my dream.

Sorry if it seems I'm getting carried away but I am passionate about the things I care about! :p

Your not not an any thing. Its your opinion and i agree with the majority of what you said i just wanted to sort of debate it with you, i detest all the mods listed as you say they are imitations and nothing like the real thing

BOK said:
benking said:

One thing is for sure, an Audi grille does not belong on a Ford Puma.

The examples are a bit different because in some cases you are taking the concept from another car rather than just the styling.
But taking your examples- most Lexus lights are poor quality units that have chromed innards with clear plastic covers...they are not the same shape or design as those found on a Lexus. Evo mirrors are again usually of poor quality, nowhere hear the quality of those from BMW and in roughly the same shape. Lambo doors are not at all like the doors found on Lambos, sure they rise up on front mounted hinges but they flop about from side to side when pushed and none of them look like they belong on the cars they are attached to. It takes more than rising doors to give the visual attack of a real Lamborghini.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask about this as I have always detested all those mods you've mentioned above...I have a personal hatred of fakes and copies of things, partly in due to my chosen course of studies which involved sitting down and thinking hard about original solutions rather than just plagiarising someone elses. I absolutely refuse to copy someone else's design.
So, call me a ****er but nothing I own are fake/cheap copies of the originals, I would rather dream of owning something than spend even 1p on a fake item that gets me no nearer to my dream.

Sorry if it seems I'm getting carried away but I am passionate about the things I care about! :p

At the end of the day Colin, no one can have a go at you for giving your opinion. That's why we all love cars as they are so different and we feel differently about them compared to how others feel. Aslong as people are happy with their own car, fair enough I say.

Cool :cool:

I do also stand by the saying 'Viva La Difference', if no-one was brave you'd never see progress :cool:

My own car is hardly how Ford wanted it...

why do i like that audi body kit?? i hate them would never put it on
im going to sell the puma before i do something stupid (credit card in hand) :shock:

http://www.topgear.com/content/timetobu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 0/main.jpg

bit of a late entry

That one has to be the winner, i dont think it could be possible to ruin the car possibly any more than that. But saying that the guy who calls this his ride and joy probably could
:derr:

Oh dear. I feel a little queasy.

The only thing I keep coming back to is 'Why start with a Puma?'

If you are going to make a car look grotesque, why not start with something that looks shit in the first place? A Multipla or a BMW Z3 or 1 Series?

red said:
Agree. The Multipla is quite possibly the worst car i've ever had to see :?

lol. It has like 2 front ends. 1 on top of the other! And it has 3 seats in the front-not cool!

Back