Leather in a non-special?

General discussion area relating to the Ford Puma, any off topic or threads that are deemed chat/waffle will be moved to the relevant areas! Please keep ON TOPIC at all times.

Moderator: Moderators

bigfootisblurry
Project Teen!
Project Teen!
Model: 1.4

Post by bigfootisblurry » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:54 am

I'm looking at a 1.7 this week that has a leather interior. Am I right in thinking that only specials had this as an option so it must have been retrofitted? It's steel blue so, as far as I know, won't be a special?

The car itself looks very clean but the MOT history is ringing a few alarm bells (off road several years, prior MOTs mentioned damaged body work) so I'm trying to figure out how much it has been cobbled together. None of this is a deal breaker if its as clean as it looks, but always good to know these things.
0 x

grogee
Project Regular
Project Regular
Model: 1.7

Post by grogee » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:00 am

Believe only millennium and thunder had leather, I don't think it was an option on non specials but I could be wrong. Mine is also steel blue with recaros but I retro fitted them, it had grey cloth as standard.

Do the door card inserts front and rear match the seat material?
0 x

Dal
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Model: Other

Post by Dal » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:16 am

There were a few "dealer specials" and euro imports via Ireland that might have had leather.

What colour is the leather and style of seat?

If it's a Recaro and dark blue then it's out of a Millennium.

If it looks like a "normal" seat but is black, then it'll be out of a "Black" Edition or Thunder.

If it's neither of the above then it'll be a non standard for UK seat possibly from another Ford car?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=64
0 x

Return to “Puma Area”