Ford Puma: the love/hate relationship

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haGGard

This topic is for everyone. I've seen this on a few differnt car forums now, im not saying you hate your car :lol: Just what do you love about it, and what really gets to you; just 2 things. I'll go first...

I personally love the power delivery in the high revs, and the way it will go round corners and suprises other car drivers!

I hate the way you think its all running smoothly and then another problem spings up!

Love the way it's still not renowned for being a chavvy racing car, yet still leaves most of them in the dust!

Hate it's so slow at taking off, sometimes when you put your foot down it's like huge turbo lag(without the turbo) then it takes off.

I loved the way the FRP challenged me to explore its limits

I hate the way I was never brave enough to find them

(Should have done a track day)

I loved the way my original 1.7 did absolutely everything I asked of it, never letting me down once, providing swift, enjoyable and economical transport for 80,000 miles +

I hate that I don't still have it.

MrPark3r said:
Love the way it's still not renowned for being a chavvy racing car, yet still leaves most of them in the dust!
i love this aswell mainy because of their high insurance group and mostly driven by women they havent become chavvy
MrPark3r said:
Hate it's so slow at taking off, sometimes when you put your foot down it's like huge turbo lag(without the turbo) then it takes off.
thats because its a zetec just like the honda vtec's and toyota vvti's they need to be revved hard to get the best out of the engine this isnt a problem in 1st gear starts when you hold the revs at about 2500 rpm then let the clutch out...mine shifts at the lights

Love: it's just different but also f-ing brilliant mpg when you want and revvy fun when you want
Hate: Sooo slow :(

crystalpuma said:
Love: it's just different but also f-ing brilliant mpg when you want and revvy fun when you want
Hate: Sooo slow :(
exactly theres a fine balance if it was even faster the petrol wouldnt last very long and would have very low MPG its great driving a turbocharged subaru or 3.5 litre bmw if you have £80 to fill the tank every 3-4 days....lol

The way it handles is totally awesome, I used to have an Audi S4 and I can honestly say I am having more fun in the Puma and so much cheaper to run! :p

ianv5 said:
The way it handles is totally awesome, I used to have an Audi S4 and I can honestly say I am having more fun in the Puma and so much cheaper to run! :p
have you driven a RS4 now thats what i call excellent handling :p

pumakid2010 said:
ianv5 said:
have you driven a RS4 now thats what i call excellent handling :p

No but along time ago I drove an Audi Quattro Short wheelbase and that was something else!

Loved: Handling, midrange grunt, hot milltek grumbles, sound system (when not listening to hot milltek grumbles)
Hated: Cleaning the 18 spoke alloys, Selling it. :-(

Love- the way mines is looking now, the performance, the oem+ nature of the mods you can do within a tasteful limit, the handleing, the performance, the mid range grunt, the pops and bangs from my exhaust on over run

Hate- Nothing

Hate is such a strong word :shock:

Love:- The way car handles, going down the country roads at speed, and the car goes where you want it to go

only had mine 2 days but

i love: no matter how many times ive driven it and ive said over and over drive it nice an gently and smoothly your not used to a car this powerfu the moment the road is clear infront of you you cant help but put your foot down in second and watch it go like a *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

i hate: so far the only thing that bugs me is the seat belt rubs into my shoulder but thats probs beacuse in 6ft 5inch and the car wanst exactly designed with someone my hight in mind

hate the rear arches

hate the girly image

hate the hcv

hate the standard seats

love everything else

Latest posts

Back