JUST GOT MY FIRST ONE

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumba

hi, just got my first puma on friday, and love it liked them for years but just got out of dull job with realy dull comp car, i only have the 1.4 and i think that seams fast would love the 1.7 but my head says tax and ins and stuff, ps love the site

Welcome to the site, congratulations on the new purchase. The 1.4 is a good compromise!

Does that mean you've fallen into a new quirky fun job too?

Any questions you have, ask away :yay:

yea bril new job, but my old work car was a citroen c5 bob i know but the ride was very soft, and the puma a bit hard but im sure in a week or so i wont bother,lol oh the car seames not to like 30mph and 40mph unless im in 2nd or 3nd ? is this the norm? because in 5th at 30mph going down a bit of a hill seames a bit ruff, and i have had a full service done but no change?? any idea?

5th at 30 might be a push.. 4th should be ok though

If your c5 was a diesel it will be a bit different i.e. you wont have as much low down torque.

Does it feel like a problem or just feel like its too slow for that gear?

well when i left my last job i needed a car fast and a pall in the trade had a t reg fiesta 1.3 that had done 42k and i got that and that did 30 in fifth without a problem, my c5 was a diesel but a 2.0 with six speed box and that would only do 30 in 4th but i think its cos it seames the puma only realy happy with foot to the floor if you know what i mean? but going to work at 8:30 in morning you cant drive like that, i have had the car linked to the ecu laptop at work and all was well? so im at a loss ?

hello and welcome. I went for the 1.6 for similar reasons as you stated mate, still get the great handling as standard though ;) Any pics of yours?

nice one thanks and yea handling is top, and pics err well not sure how to do that yet not seen a link! but will do as sone as i can do

pumba said:
nice one thanks and yea handling is top, and pics err well not sure how to do that yet not seen a link! but will do as sone as i can do

use a photo hosting site like photobucket.com, upload them there, then copy and paste the IMG code into your post and job done. :)

Hey Pumba!!!

Cant wait 2 see some pics :)

I have a 1.4 too!!! Lovely little car 4 whizzin around in :D

thanks jelly & vor , i am loving it ,never had such a fun car what have i been doing ? oh sorry for the pic its the only one i have cos its the one i sent my sis when i went to buy my pumba, and its dark now, but when we have a light day i will take one thats better.

hi jasper, yea the ride is a bit hard but like you say i will get used to it, it does not help that the roads where i live are pants,

Back