Hello!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CJ_

Hi Folks, I'm CJ,

I originally bought myself a Silver '98 1.7 a few years ago which unfortunately was something of a money pit before she eventually had to visit the scrapman (still was an absoloute joy to drive however!)
1934535_234380085320_5751544_n.jpg
17451_390852200320_5974569_n.jpg

Since then I've been driving a 2.3 V5 Golf. Which is a super motor, although much more like a grand touring cruiser then the fun chuck-around of the Puma (which if I'm honest, suits my driving much more!)
bd252504_ed02_4eff_9699_c7d6a06152f1_zpseea93475.jpg
f3c199f2_5d2e_4905_a0a0_01bac15818cd_zpsed36be4f.jpg

I'm currently looking to sell the Golf and find an FRP (or even swap perhaps? If anyone would be interested in the golf, the ad can be found here).

I'm regularly here again looking for if anything appears in the for-sale section and to chat whenever I can.

Here's hoping something comes up! :D

Not messing about in my search, I picked up FRP296 today which had previously broken for parts and now rebuilt using the engine and cabin from 154. The original engine apparently ended up as a smouldering mess in a fiesta, but on the plus side 154's only done 27k.
Drives like a charm too (and handles well as I discovered bringing it home when someone wasn't paying attention and nearly t-boned me on a roundabout!)

Hi CJ
Well done and glad to hear you weren't T boned (it does happen a lot at roundabouts when you've got something that handles!)
Barry

Excellent, I'm glad that the car has been picked up by an enthusiast :)

Seems a bit long winded that it was split up for parts and then someone used another broken one to put it back together. It was always questionable when the guy decided it was worth more in bits than whole.

Any plans for it?

I'm quite lucky so far as it doesn't need that much if i want it to A+ standard, (basically a good valet, refurb the wheels and install a new fag lighter then everything will be in working order!).

I bought it with a view to using it on the road rather then polishing it daily, although I quite like the idea of tarting up the engine bay with upgraded hoses and a colour coded rocker cover (being as the difficult part of painting the bay blue has already been done).

Are there any other FRPs in the East Mids?

I'm glad that you got to bottom of the car's history. Such a chequered past would put a lot of buyers off if they're going for originality, however, it's definitely an interesting story for future owners if you decide to sell on.

I'm not sure if Rob (XIIVVX) has seen these threads, but I'm sure he'll be pleased that at least part of #296 has been saved.

I gave it a decent going over at lunchtime today (Wash, t-cut the rough edges and thorough clean inside), so now spotless. Discovered there's a tiny bit of bubbling on the body behind the drivers door and the seals above the door could do with replacing (although the waterproofing itself is fine).

Very little project work to do on it. All the more money saved for delicious petrol to use it!

Back