how to fix a broken wing mirror

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

the puma wing mirror is designed to break incase of collision with a pedestrian (legal requirement) as it will not fold easily (like older designs).

the part that breaks is a tiny (and cheap) bracket. but a garage will cost you a small fortune.

to fix;

gently push back mirror & lock it off

remove covers (usually break!)

undo spring

undo bracket (2 screws and 2 clips)

replace

spring can be a sod; using a zip tie as a handle works well apparently

i sell a kit of 'recycled / reused' GENUINE ford parts including the bracket itself and the 2 covers that are usually damaged on here (£8 posted) or ebay (£12 posted). comes with full colour instructions and can be done in 30mins with a small posi screwdriver & pliers.

this is usually the problem with broken mirrors, i have only ever seen one with a broken internal frame (big fix!)

Have you got the drivers side bits,I just tapped mine & it fell off.Also how would you like payment, can do Paypal(personal payment) or check.

Thanks mate, parts came today. I will sort it on monday as I work weekends,at least it gives me 4 days a week to work on the cars. :grin:

Is there a guide how to remove the painted plastic mirror cover so I could see what is behind the mirror itself? My Puma´s left side mirror glass vibrates when driving at higher speeds and it is sometimes very annoying.

flat screwdriver...stick it behind glass from outside edge, gently prise (3x harder than youd think) and itl pop off....have a look; either somethings broken already or it just wasnt clipped on properly.

further stripping;

remove 3x screws on glass adjuster

3x screws behind that to remove plastic cover

lots of wiggling and contorting and it will come apart

I've just come across this thread and wondered if you still have any repair kits available, I am wanting a drivers side kit please

Any chance of a pm if this is still available?

My driver side mirror received a kick last night, still works but is hanging loose :-(

Back