Parking Sensors

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbizzel

Ok so my situation is; Car park were I live is massively over crowded, full of badly parked, crap beemers and imprezas which are some eejits pride and joy, as well as some waist high bollards. I've discovered that the rear view out the Puma is a bit limited (and also I park like Tiger Woods stays faithful- badly with a few casulties along the way) so was debating getting some parking sensors. I was wondering if anyone has ever fitted any, if so how and any suggestions as to makes etc would be mucho appreciated.

Cheers,

SB

A member here got some that fitted behind the rear numberplate, a kind of surround:

DSC_0489-2.jpg

You can see the little round sensors at the left and right of the numberplate. Halfords I think she said.

Some tips:
Make sure your mirrors are properly adjust
And you have your seat as far up as possible, this way you will see much more. My seat have been adjust wrong at the hight for a long time but after adducing the mirror and seat the parking sensor is sometimes believe it or not envying.
But I kind of like all gadget, and on a dark night the sensor are nice thing to have.

What color is your puma?
If you have a black one nd dont wanna add any holes you can go for this one, did this on my car.
In this way you can place the sensor so that it will cover a bigger area, but the number sign is harder too see and much nicer finish.
image.php

Think I payed around 10pound for it on ebay, it has a sound that wil start to pip if you are 0,5 from hitting a person/ or something. It get the power only when you activate the reverse. Easy installing.

Be careful with any drilled sensors on the Puma, as the rear bumper is heavily double skinned which makes access very tricky.

I have a spare bumper for my old one, and had to drill not only holes in the front, but also holes in the rear to site the sensors and guide the wiring.

I agree on that.
I bought a drillingsett at first but didnt have the hart to add it. I was thinking of the rusty arches. And didnt have a second bumper. Also thinking if i ever gonna need to sell it.
So ende whit no hole.
The sensor i added have sticker on. I was amazed how god it worked its still on after rain,frost,sunny weahter.

Cheers for the suggestions people, mines a Silver 1999 so going to have to try for something subtle, think the behind reg style look to be a goer.

I just park forwards so never seen the need for sensors, if I do park up in reverse it's doesn't take many times of doing it to learn the length of your car. If anyone can't then that doesn't say much for their level of driving skill, next thing we'll know they will start having side sensors for complete idiots (not a bad idea from what I've seen of some people on the roads!!). We've never needed them for 100 years of the motor vehicle and seem to have got on ok without them so far....well most people have....lol.

I dont think driving backwords is what divide if you are a good or bad driver.
But its indeed important. I think the stress factor is to high.

You could get them fitted from new from memory into the bumper so there must be a way to do it..

Saw this once:

[albumimg]129[/albumimg]

Hi All

I've been watching this post with interest, i live on a one way street where parking is a big problem. Parallel parking is the only way here so me and my girlfriend both have difficulties at times finding the right space.

I'm not sure where i found this link but it shows a system where drilling's not required
http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/Vehicle-Sensors/Ford/Ford-Parking-Sensor-Parking-Dynamics-PD1
I promised to buy Carloine one of these for her car but so far i haven't, has anyone got any experience of this sensor or could advise for or against it ?

Regards

Robin

I had one of those in mine, they are rubbish IMO. Very ineffective, and due to the double skinned nature of the Puma's rear bumper, mounting it was pretty tricky too.

Mine are excellent, totally faultless, well almost. The tone is a little too high pitched for my liking but it can be switched off. The display shows either left or right hand side or both and i have the display unit 'mounted' (shoved) into the right hand lower corner of the windscreen so isn't even noticeable as it falls below the black area of the screen.
DSC01759.jpg

can you notice them?
They were a set of six off ebay with display, wiring etc etc and hole saw too.
Mounted two in front bumper and 4 on back.
Perfect colour match too.

Yeah must say it took forever to do because i removed the bumper and marked it all up. The dirt on the bumper aided my marking techniques!
Don't know what came over me that day as normally i would have just slapped them on any old how!
Credit to the ebay seller though as it came with a proper hole saw.

seen a few different makes on Ebay and the net! any recommendations on makes/wired or wireless? the wireless set ups sound a doddle to fit..

I think I need to fit some with the missus driving it about regular :wink:........

The hard wired ones are best but do take some time to fit. They're not difficult just take time but well worth it. It was definitely my best purchase so far. The seller i got it from was galactic warehouse or something similar.

Latest posts

Back