Removing plastic strip underneath lower grille...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Alreet all!

Was wondering if you can remove the plastic cover on the front bumper just below the lower grille? (not the rubber splitter)

If anyone has done this, if it's do-able hows it done?

Cheers

Z

if i remember rightly mine came loose when i removed my lower grill so im sure its possible. why you doing that zara?

oh right, Ive had my lower grille off many times but never noticed, will have a ganders anyways lol.

Ive always hated the black plastic on the front, thinking of having a tinker and spraying it either Silver or Panther Black - still undecided as the silver is mainly on the interior and under the bonnet so not 100% yet...

aye i know, looks much better than the black plastic thats for sure

ye it can be removed if you remove your lower grill the plastic youre talkin about its on the same clip mechanism as these i you dont wish to damage the clips u need to pinch them and push them out individually because as they go in they splay outwards holding them in place they are clipped in at the bottom aswell right near that long rubber strip that sits right at the bottom of youre bumper so its fairly difficult to remove its alot easier to take the bumper of and get to them that way if im honest not that removing a puma bumper is quick but its safe i replaced mine when i done my mesh grill
thats one of the top clips sorry i dont have any pictures of the bottom ones and excuse the poor quality bad phone lol hope this helps

hopefullyhelps.jpg

i wish i took my bumper off to do my meshing! looks loads neater!

how did you do your top one as mine is a bit of a bodge even though it works.

VERY nice Dal.

I do wish i bought a colour puma for the great contrast you can have with black.

i still havent got around to the top one yet lol it was a long day when i done the lower grill and i was tired and still havent done it to this day lol

Nee probs mate, bugger taking the bumper off!
I know what you mean about the clips... a job for the warmer weather it is :D

cheers mate! :)

Hey Dal.
When you had the black bit mid bumper painted silver did you have the plastic smoothed or was there anything extra you needed to do such as plastciser etc ? as I have got a new black bit to have painted "melina" to match rest of car !

regards

DAVE W.

Dave,

I bought the car with it already painted.

zarablackcoupe said:
Alreet all!Was wondering if you can remove the plastic cover on the front bumper just below the lower grille? (not the rubber splitter)

Does the rubber splitter do anything? I got my Puma with it already removed, is there any pressing reason I should put it back on?

you mean the rubber splitter on the bottom of the car? don't think it actually does anything tbh..

for everyone else, got the plastic off etc and is shown the location of the clips etc in this thread :)

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3521&start=250" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How is the rubber splitter held in place?

I noticed mine is quite flimsy as though there are some clips missing, would like to replace them if possible. :)

EDIT: Sorted it!

Latest posts

Back