just knocked wing mirror off- help!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mils

I've just clipped my passenger side mirror and its pinged off- still electrics attached but can't seem to clip it back on- there is a strip that I can't fathom where to place (although looks like it should slide around the back of the mirror somewhere?) Advice please! (PS make it simple, I am but a wee girl).

if the glass has popped out, there are some round nodules on the rear, these clip back into the body of the mirror. This can be a pain, but try and heat the back of the mirror with a hair dryer first and this should hopefully make it easier to clip back in.

If you have smashed the whole mirror off, you will more than likely need to replace the unit, which can be done by unclipping the black triangle trim inside and undoing the 3 nuts, I think the door card need to come off also to gain better access.

If its a case of the whole wing mirror has come away from the black plastic attached to the door (this has happened to me before and for the life of me couldn't get it back on) I figured out there's a spring loaded vertical clip and you can use your key to flip it open, the mirror should just clip back in and re-attach itself.

That's if it's the same problem I had anyway...

youv probably broken the hinge bracket; ford design it to do this

i sell a kit on here and ebay to fix it with full colour instructions and parts you need. its very easy (with the instructions!)

£12 posted, let me know

Yup, Jacko is correct I've had a snow-free inspection and the hinge has snapped, but unfortunately also got myself a lovely hollowed-egg crush to the case too so looks like a replacement job. If anyone knows of a black one going cheap- PM me! Emilie

Latest posts

Back