British International Motorshow

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
The next British International Motor Show takes place Wednesday 23rd July - Sunday 3rd August 2008 at London's ExCeL Centre in the Docklands.

There is a car park for 4000 cars, but probably best to get the train.

Anyone wanna come?

http://www.britishmotorshow.co.uk/

Tickets will be £14 (£10) in advance, or £11.20 (£8.50) if 10 or more book together for weekend visiting.
(Weekday prices in brackets)

The British International Motor Show 2008 at London's ExCeL is the must-see event for Groups next Summer. With something for everyone to enjoy, you'll find glamour, excitement, innovation, inspiration, entertainment and a whole lot more. The 2008 Motor Show promises much that's new and different. Whether your group has people for whom the car is an essential part of their lifestyle or they're seasoned car enthusiasts indulging their passion, there'll be much to see and do for all the family.

There will be hundreds of amazing cars on display and visitors will be among the first to see new models with a number of world premieres scheduled for the Show. They can also find out about the latest developments to make cars of the future cleaner and safer. Vehicle manufacturers will be demonstrating how they are addressing environmental challenges with green technologies including the development of various alternative fuels ensuring that green motoring doesn't have to be dull.

For those with expensive taste, the Supercar Paddock is a must and younger visitors should stop by the Kidz Car Club - a new feature for the drivers of the future which will encourage longer dwell time for families The Kidz Car Zone will be a specific "fun area" located in the outdoor arena providing "car-based" products and entertainment for children aged 2 - 14yrs whilst providing serious safety messages and specific motoring related services dedicated to parent drivers.

You can also get interactive with Taster Test Drives, the Drift School, Driving School, 4x4 experience and thrilling on-water displays. For more leisurely entertainment, visitors can reminisce at the Heritage Enclosure where some of the most glorious cars from yesteryear will be put through their paces

http://www.britishmotorshow.co.uk/groupbookings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds good - I wish it were still in the NEC in Brum though

We'll be going to it no doubt. Definately going on the train though as the station is only up the road. Camera at the ready!

Why am I not surprised? Can't be the last day though, that's chalked up for Ford Fair! :D

Got some more info....

If we order now, rather than paying £14 each for weekend admission tickets, we can get them for £10 by using a code I have to get 3 for 2.

Works out at £29.99 for 3 tickets which includes an admin fee.

Cherie and I will be going, so anyone else want to come?

Not sure how long this code will last though...

Speak up!

Loads more info about the show now available here:

http://www.britishmotorshow.co.uk/whatson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Saturday 26th or Sunday 27th would be our prefered dates as still a full week before Ford Fair and don't have to take a day off work.)

Right - the favourite date is now Sunday 27th July. I'll be booking the 3 for 2 in a day or so, so if you want to take advantage of this, then speak up :)

Very tempted Dal, the distance is the only thing putting me off at the min (although if I'm at Brize that weekend it shouldn't be too bad).

Could always come kip at ours if you want Neil - spread the travelling over a couple of days. Brum to us is about an hour - then down on the train - far easier than driving there.

We're going on the 27th July (the Sunday before ford fair)

New interactive map now online.

http://www.britishmotorshow.co.uk/whats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ractivemap

Not got the tickets yet, but we will have a spare one hopefully if you're still interested Neil. (Or anyone else if you're not! lol )

Still got a spare ticket on the way if anyone's interested?

Still unclaimed at the moment. Though I wish they'd actually send the tickets out. <_<

Could be tempted by this as ive never been to the motorshow. Are you guys getting the train from near yours? How much you expecting it will cost?

Train tickets from St Neots to Kings Cross are £36 each. According the National Express/Trainline. :?

Dunno where you got £36 each, I got it at £18 each return.

Off peak travelcard (St. Neots to London Incl. Underground and DLR*) is £24 each.

*Motorshow is at "Custom House" on DLR

I'm interested - I just need to check if I'm at Brize or Leeming by the 27th! Will let you know tomorrow hopefully :)

Neil tells me he is busy, so if anyone wants a weekend Motorshow ticket, then pipe up.

We're going sunday 27th, so your more than welcome to drive to ours and come with us on the train.

Anyone?

Latest posts

Back