2014 trackday meets?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, they are pretty "Radical". I know someone who used to race these...if I win the lotter I'll have one.

you see them regularly at brands trackdays, although they only seem to go out for about 15 mins every 2 hours, Probably can't really get the real benefits with other lesser cars in the way.

Here's the list of cars at Blyton for 23rd should be fun, fair few cars in our class range. As noorbrider say everyone can beat MX-5 lol If the weather is bit crapy at least we be able to keep up with big boys :grin:

Citroen Saxo
BMW 325
Mazda MX5
BMW 328
Nissan Skyline
Mac 1
Lotus Elise
Honda Civic = I think are Noorbrider mates
Clio 172 = Nathan Maxted Noorbrider son
Ford Puma = Nick Maxted aka Noorbirder
Westfield
Lotus Elise
Lotus Elise S1
Caterham
Ford Puma = Stewart Morris aka trublustu
Manx Puma = my car lol
MK Indy
BMW 320
BMW 323i
VW Golf Mk1
Nissan Skyline
Nissan Skyline
VW Golf GTI
Porsche GT3 RS
Mazda MX5
VW Golf
Subaru Impreza
Peugeot 205
Radical PR6

yeah should be a good day Kenner...last blast of the season with a good few people we know, always makes it more fun.

Blyton is a bit like a gokart track...not really a challenge and a bit heavy on the brakes but great for beginners to gain confidence and somewhere you can confidently test new parts and techniques. It is liable to a fair bit of standing water if its wet but as you say Stu, plenty of passing places for the hot cars

Depends which forecsat you look at...I'm betting it will be wet in the morning and damp in the afternoon, not even thinking about bringing the semi slicks

Pilot Exaltos...
unflappable in the wet..

Looking at the cars going on Sunday there`s every chance we could own.. :cool:

The RWD`s are all high powered saloons or open cockpit lightweights (neither of which is much fun if really wet)
as for the rest, they all seem to be well within our league

very true Stu...I think we will hold our own...got to set up a better position for my camera plus I still have two rear wheel bearings to change...should really swap out a couple of brake pipes that are getting a bit crusty too

Following my last outing to Cadwell when i had to get my engine in, my preparations for tomorrow have been positively relaxed.
I have even had time to get the polish out!
All set for a 6:00am start..

Great day :grin:
Enjoyed meeting up with noobrider again.
Good to meet kizza and the Manx puma crew..

Atrocious conditions, a really wet start meant hugely slippy conditions.
What would normally be a 60-65 corner was 50, and then you were fighting to get any drive out of it..
The weather did improve as the day went on.

Loads of beemers went ploughing and a certain ford span out a few times,
but there were only a couple of stoppages.
I did have one spin, but as i had a blow out in the middle of the Wiggler i think i can blame the car for that one.

As for times, 1:30 was a good lap today, slow , but hilarious fun :grin: :grin: :grin:

It was a fun day good fun meeting up with you all, glad rain stopped as well :grin:
My Big boss came alone with his son, they from Florida they really enjoyed it (but hated the weather, but only here a week anyway they fly back home). I hoping he might give me a pay rise/bonus or he can sponsor money now lol

Some tells me you mean this ford that span out a few times, here's the link for that little moment when I let me mate Alex have go 1st time.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=YpSvoYo4n1U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; = video is from Noobrider car
Hoping to get more vid's later as ran me mates cam in my car, he was sorting it all out for me.

It was so greasy I am surprised there wasn't more Red flags really.

yeah very surprised at so few stoppages. I'm busy processing my videos at the moment. I really enjoyed the day, properly drifting at times, unfortunately the biggest longest drift was caught on cam but the cable fell out shortly after so the succesful corner exit wasn't captured.

First one is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tvlYeRkl0&list=UUMxcdecPDDiYxVH54F5K6Eg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; not much to see other than me catching a Skyline and a track that would have been more suitable for boat racing. (Kizza was passengering)

I`ve made a start on my vids, I`ll publish a couple.
heres the first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRPVUafl-mA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apart from the Radical (which lapped me in 15 mins :oops: ) I held my own well.
if youve not got 24 mins (it is a full session)
go straight to 18 mins...
same car, same corner, different spin :?
Ill post the other when it done "processing"..

Hi Dave btw
Regarding Blyton..
Its an pretty new airfield track, unusual in that the layout means there is very little armco and not much else to hit if you cock it up.
Its a good track to cut your teeth on,
I find it a bit predictable these days (not yesterday though!)
So I tend to use it as a `testing` track where I`ll push the envelope on a track where the worst that`ll happen is I`ll kill a scarecrow!
Before I go to the less forgiving motorsport (hilly) tracks where I really get my kicks...

plenty of straights and a few corners that are bit harder than they look. Its a brake killer cos its accelerate brake repeat...

heres a vid of me doing a massive drift in the chicane. Unfortunately for whatever reason the video cuts and there is no more footage. I think the cig lighter power adapter came out but the main bit is there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu0bWdBGVf4&feature=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got a round of aplause from Kizza as he was in the passenger seat at the time

First corner blues me thinks there Nick...

You did well you get round the `ump` I bet that takes no prisoners if hit sideways.

I got 2 wheels airborne on the final checkered flag lap over that `kerb`

Latest posts

Back