BigAl's Black Cat!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noobrider said:
nice one Al, I have the same steering wheel (in green lol) although I'm falling out with it. Once the boss is on combined with the deep dish it all feels a bit too close. I'm thinking of getting a 300mm flat one.

I was a bit worried about that too mate! I'll see how I get on with it! :grin:

its OK, I only actually notice when I think about, out on track I seem to forget about it but my son always reminds me. ~You seem to notice more on the motorway on the way to the track as you can't get comfortabke for long - short 20 - 30 minute blasts at full concentration you forget

Look what turned up today! No idea what I'm gonna do with them yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something!! :lol:

86e380eb13c46c19fff3dd1e045d4622.jpg

Must have been someone really awesome who tipped you off about those... :-D

Had a couple of little ideas knocking around in my head so I thought I'd give them a go! :lol:

First of, I wanted to mod the front grill, bought one of eBay for £2.70 (+ postage!) was originally just gonna remove the badge and attempt to bond in another slat, but tried something a little different in the end. The grill may also be changing colour at some point too!

2c3bd751ba4a9235be32840359ba9308.jpg

7907697fa86b6ede67d317ad5b088060.jpg

cae674da4bc430d3f0131069ce9fa753.jpg

beabdbc29fa81475a73503b348ce492c.jpg

8d6ff88e5245fe5f0f01c5dc67eb05e3.jpg

43e85ce4053271fd2f84d7403bdd5113.jpg

02aaf7a50caa9ff62dc0e58809131ec9.jpg

The other mod was to change the cold air feed intake in the lower grill from a round aluminium one to a rectangular offset one. Won't really make any difference but again this may also change colour at some point!

8de2382e16333b05572bd6b5ad8ae8ed.jpg

134fa82af67158d3aade376b8c49c4eb.jpg

26d7bc9abe9c83c953dc43edb3024332.jpg

c0d095413bd2f9eb8defcbb7d61e91cd.jpg

:grin:

Really nice idea with the air scoop! the more air the better. If I run one it would be hidden further in as I dont have the lower lip. Would you mind saying where you got it, the size and how many pennies it cost? :grin:

Nice badge too! don't worry I wont be doing the same, one thing though you need to paint the 'RS' orange, the 'puma' green.

grayfox said:
Really nice idea with the air scoop! the more air the better. If I run one it would be hidden further in as I dont have the lower lip. Would you mind saying where you got it, the size and how many pennies it cost? :grin:

Nice badge too! don't worry I wont be doing the same, one thing though you need to paint the 'RS' orange, the 'puma' green.

Cheers mate! Bought it of eBay (as usual!) they weren't cheap though, about 19 quid for a bit of plastic! Come in different sizes though. Not sure on the colours yet as I may do something with the grill itself! :lol:

That looks really smart mate, your car has the best unique little touches! You need to make me something for my car!!

PumaNoob said:
That looks really smart mate, your car has the best unique little touches! You need to make me something for my car!!

Cheers mate! Of course we can, we'll sort something out! :grin:

As always Al you take things to another level :)
You should look at a starting a business in design & technology. If you still remember the old adverts an "ology" was always a plus :lol:

trueblue said:
As always Al you take things to another level :)
You should look at a starting a business in design & technology. If you still remember the old adverts an "ology" was always a plus :lol:

Cheers mate! lol yep, I'm old so I do remember the 'ology' adverts! & don't laugh, I do actually have an honors degree in design, although I did get it 20 years ago! :lol:

PumaJay said:
Quite like that grille, something different always stands out. Cars looking great now!

Cheers mate!

I sometimes wish I had the balls to do an 'all out' trackday car like yours! But I also still like the show side of things, so it seems to stand somewhere between the two! Not a bad thing I guess. :lol: & I do like pottering with it and coming up with little different mods to do, both visual & performance based :grin:

ps & it may stand out even more soon, as those bits may become orange! :p

from this.

to possibly this?

& many thanks to Sparx for sorting out the photoshop image, as this old fella was struggling! :lol:

Back