BigAl's Black Cat!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boom! That's the Ticket, don't forget the RS badge .. oh and maybe colour the lower grill too?

grayfox said:
Boom! That's the Ticket, don't forget the RS badge .. oh and maybe colour the lower grill too?

If he does the lower gril as well the towing eye and the intake won't look nearly half as sharp. Think the lower would be too much..

imo, anyway. :cool:

EDIT: Unless lower grill orange and intake left black maybe?

BigAl said:
PumaJay said:
Quite like that grille, something different always stands out. Cars looking great now!

Cheers mate!

I sometimes wish I had the balls to do an 'all out' trackday car like yours! But I also still like the show side of things, so it seems to stand somewhere between the two! Not a bad thing I guess. :lol: & I do like pottering with it and coming up with little different mods to do, both visual & performance based :grin:

ps & it may stand out even more soon, as those bits may become orange! :p

I know what you mean, while mine is a dedicated track car I still like it to look the part... something which Ive let the car down on recently!

PumaJay said:
BigAl said:
PumaJay said:
Quite like that grille, something different always stands out. Cars looking great now!

Cheers mate!

I sometimes wish I had the balls to do an 'all out' trackday car like yours! But I also still like the show side of things, so it seems to stand somewhere between the two! Not a bad thing I guess. :lol: & I do like pottering with it and coming up with little different mods to do, both visual & performance based :grin:

ps & it may stand out even more soon, as those bits may become orange! :p

I know what you mean, while mine is a dedicated track car I still like it to look the part... something which Ive let the car down on recently!

Don't be silly mate, your car looks wicked! :grin:

I have a strange feeling this may change after Al feels what a circuit car should feel like when driving... I reckon his "watch this space" may actually be just a little more than he expects...

Little mod as I was bored!

Really wanted to get hold of one of the Puma battery covers but they're like rocking horse do do so I got this cheap cover of eBay & 'tarted it up a bit! :lol:

Started out like this!
ca77ccea536cef42d1df9c40d5427979.jpg

Quick coat of Matt black paint!
1e160ddab04263bbc90d2001f3b6925f.jpg

& a bit of tarting up! :grin:
382ee985b35e87130b934404eba78a04.jpg

Does it fit... I made the same mistake a few years back, bought the exact same type and it wasn't the right size after painting... schoolboy error.

Design is nice.

Flying Scotsman said:
Does it fit... I made the same mistake a few years back, bought the exact same type and it wasn't the right size after painting... schoolboy error.

Design is nice.

It sort of fits mate! :lol:

It's almost 'made to measure' :lol: & I think it cleans it up a bit in the engine bay, although the green engine cover's gonna be going soon! :grin:

386d4a30bdc46d527fb1674e4419cd17.jpg

bd78a0f1d72eaed78a448ae8f417f0f4.jpg

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi,
it looks very good once you sprayed it and it does tidy the engine bay. How is attached to the battery.
Regards
Richard.

Cheers mate! It slots quite tightly between the original battery holder (the bits the metal clamp normally attaches to) then just a bit of Velcro to hold it in place! :grin:

I know that this really won't be to everybodies taste! But as I always like to try something a 'little different' this is a taster of what I'm currently planning as the idea's been knocking around in my brain for a while! :lol:

5b8f4cb06819fe6c8ee818409c069ecb.jpg

As always Al nice touches all round.
Unfortunately for me Im more of a hammer & spanner man, design just aint my thing but your ideas really do inspire :thumbs:

trueblue said:
As always Al nice touches all round.
Unfortunately for me Im more of a hammer & spanner man, design just aint my thing but your ideas really do inspire :thumbs:

Thanks mate!

I'm the other way (not like that!) :p I don't mind the easy stuff & hitting a few things with a hammer, but I find the visual stuff at lot easier! But I guess it would be boring if we were all the same! :grin:

I think I've gone slightly mental! & the missus thinks I'm having a midlife crisis! :p

Gone from this!
386d4a30bdc46d527fb1674e4419cd17.jpg

To this! :cool:
238cc569afbc8f3f883f9347acc82af4.jpg

& a few other pics of the whole thing!
b34106fb8862b638147bcc26f1e137da.jpg

ca1fcb57f8ed8f1a3d723cea6c99c71c.jpg

e2fc06257633100f15506c5967c4caf1.jpg

a7099aae3c5c07478c0ca37a1aa67b9d.jpg

Not for everyone I know! But it would be boring if we were all the same! :lol:

Although not to my taste, good job mate. I preferred the green cover myself though.

Seg

Back