Halford's Extreme Brilliance bulbs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HarryHendo said:
well thats just gay, i went to halfords near me .... tryign to get these cause they are buy1 get 1 free, but for some reason they said that they dont do them for pumas lol? i was confused ...

Well given the evidence above.... I would say the muppet in the store is somewhat misinformed. Maybe he was due his tea/smoke break and just couldn't be arsed....

HarryHendo said:
well thats just gay, i went to halfords near me .... tryign to get these cause they are buy1 get 1 free, but for some reason they said that they dont do them for pumas lol? i was confused ...

If i am correct they have only just started doing the Extreme ones for the puma so maybe he hasnt been informed of this perhaps? So maybe halfords havent updated them card things that give you a list for every car etc which is what most of the use to refer to, or maybe he is going from past experience of them not selling them

When I looked on their website (a few days ago) they didn't have them listed.... and when I was thinking of getting some (which I still am) was planning on going to a bigger Halfords in a larger conurbation rather than my local branch.

people who work at Halfrauds are a bunch of monkeys.... from past dealings with them!

they are a brand new line, so only just in stores

make sure you get the HB3 ones, and you;ll be fine :)

How come apart frm my millie you dont see puma with a xenon hid kit. I have 10,000k deep blue that gives off orange,green,blue,pink, purple light when going over bumps.looks amazing esecially with yellow.people have actually said to me they thought i was a lambo from far away lol. They light up the road well get the e marked one as others are illegal and too bright and will dazzle other drivers and probably get done by cops. It just what the puma needs more than these crappy bodykits that iv seen on pumas and spoiler that look like it were stolen of a supra lol. And b4 u say im not jealous lol.if someone here as bodykit and u feel offending then im sorry

I would imagine it is aftermarket... and as far as I am aware - though I could have grasped things wrong - retro-fitted HIDs onto a Puma are technically illegal.

I would have to say that once you seen the Extreme bulbs fitted to clean headlights in a Puma, there's no need to fit technically illegal HiD's to a puma.

It was annoying that when I nipped into a Halfords the other day to get Cherie's Millie some of these bulbs, they had 1 left. :roll:

This subject has been discussed to death!
People can make all the arguments - "mine don't blind people", "I've never been flashed by oncoming traffic", "other people fit them", "mine are "e" marked", etc, but the fact is that after-market HID's fitted to Puma headlamps are illegal, period.

If your Puma is fitted with an HID conversion, you must be able to answer "Yes" to the following questions (and you can't!) for them to meet the legal requirements:

Does your Puma have self-levelling headlights or suspension?
Does your Puma have headlamp cleaning?
Are your headlamp units (outer lens, reflector, bulb) type approved to ECE 98 and "e-marked" to demonstrate this. (That can only be done by the headlamp supplier - Hella, Valeo etc. who must test the headlamp in an independent laboratory).

"Under the Road Traffic Act 1988 it is an offence to supply, fit or use vehicle parts which are not legal."

"In summary it is not permitted to convert an existing halogen headlamp unit for use with HID bulbs. The entire headlamp unit must be replaced with one designed and approved for use with HID bulbs and it must be installed in accordance with the rules stated."

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great wanna try out does bulbs,
The light is very bad on the puma.
I was thinking of adding some extra lights, but first upgrade the headlamps with new bulbs.

How many lux are there?
max lux for a car in norway is 460lux

It's unbelievable how "heated" everyone gets when head lights and HID are mentioned in the same post :roll:
Not just this forum any of them.

You are either happy with what you have got, be they extreme brilliance or standard.
Or with the illegal HID's :shock:

Has anyone taken a picture of standard , halfords extreme and HID together?
It would be interesting.
I only have Hafrauds original extreme bulbs not the newer ones and and my HID, both in FRP's
DSC00124.jpg

It's only like this you can see how white /bright they really are.

Those super brilliance (pure white version) are really quite good indeed.

Perfect for long night journeys, better visibility and improved safety :)

Mark, if you're referring to the last photo, the 'pure white' headlights are HIDs, the more yellow ones are the Super Brilliance. The new ones that the thread was started about are the Extreme Brilliance.

Brighter than Halfords SB!

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/HB3-9005-Ring-Xenon-Max-100-12v-60w-NEW-pair-RXMHB3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have you experience of those Rick? Any good?

No, I've only just got an update email through from autobulbsdirect.

I may buy some at a later date to see how they are. I wonder if Ring make Halfords bulbs? Seems a bit of a coincidence thay both brought them out around the same time.

I replaced my phillips bulbs with the extreme brilliance today, they are a bit brighter, than the phillips ones.

We put the best RING bulbs into staceys car a few months back, the equivant to the super brilliance, so much better.

As you say seems a co-cidence they both bring out a extreme version at same time!

Well my local store has these in.. so ordered online and going in to collect shortly.

Probably wont get them fitted before I head oop nawrth but will have my mini-tool bag with me and will probably switch my SuperBrilliance into the full beam position, the Extreme Brilliance into the dipped when I stop... probably around Darlington.

Come Wednesday evening will be heading over Pennines to Cumbria/Lancashire or thereabouts and so could so with the extra light.

Latest posts

Back