petrol stations

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For good mpg it really pays to read the road ahead as well. I get minimum of 35 or so (often more) even with hitting rev limiter every so often :D

XIIVVX said:
My last fill-up was £72

:?
strange my fillups are never over £48 and thats totally full i even let the pump click 4 or 5 times to makesure its the most i can get in without it spilling out

I think you'll find Mr XIIVVX doesn't drive a Puma anymore.

(Look at his avatar for a clue)

;)

Trust me, when the counter sails past £60 of Tesco best with no sign of stopping - you do have a momentary concern.

It dissipates once you turn the key though

Found the picture disc of my 50th birthday Thruxton 'treat' t'other day.

4 laps in a Porsche 997 with a great instructor, knocked the Aston Vantage i drove earlier in the day, into a cocked hat.

XIIVVX said:
Trust me, when the counter sails past £60 of Tesco best with no sign of stopping - you do have a momentary concern.

It dissipates once you turn the key though
most cars with an engine bigger than 2 litre will cost that much to fill up

True, but I have moved recently from the Jagdeo which, though it takes that much to fill, will go on to deliver well over 500 miles range rather than something over 200

does take along time to post them on if you have alot but photobucket is good it could be made easier to post up pics though but such is life

XIIVVX said:
True, but I have moved recently from the Jagdeo which, though it takes that much to fill, will go on to deliver well over 500 miles range rather than something over 200
do you not have a puma then?

did you forget that you've already asked that on the previous page and got an answer? Please try and keep up.

No, not at all.

I imported a brand new 1.7 from Belgium in 2000 and put some 80,000 miles on it.

Then I was offered FRP 296 for good money (It had been extensively rebuilt after an accident) and worked to bring it up to scratch. I did about 30-40,000 in that and sold it to a guy who I thought would continue the process, but first time he hit a bill he parted it out rather than repair it. Git!

The FRP was replaced by the Diesel Jagdeo as we needed an economical motorway cruiser since we had two ailing relatives over 200 miles away from here and there was much travelling to do.

Both have since passed on, and with some of the legacy I bought myself my lifetimes ambition - a 911.

This I'll run for two years and then sell, so effectively I am hiring it for that time.

Add my £600 Skoda Ute and you have my four-wheel fleet (Mrs XIIVVX has taken over the X-Type)

I stick around here because

1) It is full of really nice people

2) I gained some knowledge on Puma and other motoring matters over the years (I am ancient you understand) and actually enjoy passing it on

3) I can carry on my campaign "Why make your Puma slower and less economical by sticking a plastic spoiler on the back when the last thing a Puma needs is downforce at the rear?"

:)

Just like that: http://cid-abd617fa98e5aa0e.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/50th%20birthday%20treat%20Thruxton?lc=2057" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XIIVVX said:
No, not at all.

I imported a brand new 1.7 from Belgium in 2000 and put some 80,000 miles on it.

Then I was offered FRP 296 for good money (It had been extensively rebuilt after an accident) and worked to bring it up to scratch. I did about 30-40,000 in that and sold it to a guy who I thought would continue the process, but first time he hit a bill he parted it out rather than repair it. Git!

The FRP was replaced by the Diesel Jagdeo as we needed an economical motorway cruiser since we had two ailing relatives over 200 miles away from here and there was much travelling to do.

Both have since passed on, and with some of the legacy I bought myself my lifetimes ambition - a 911.

This I'll run for two years and then sell, so effectively I am hiring it for that time.

Add my £600 Skoda Ute and you have my four-wheel fleet (Mrs XIIVVX has taken over the X-Type)

I stick around here because

1) It is full of really nice people

2) I gained some knowledge on Puma and other motoring matters over the years (I am ancient you understand) and actually enjoy passing it on

3) I can carry on my campaign "Why make your Puma slower and less economical by sticking a plastic spoiler on the back when the last thing a Puma needs is downforce at the rear?"

:)
do you like the 997 range?

the neighbour has a black 997 gt3 awesome but lots of petrol

do you like the 997 range?

I love them, but still well out of my price range and, more importantly depreciating fast.

Porsche depreciation is better than most 'supercars' but a percentage of a high purchase price is a big figure, I have not even looked at them.

With luck, two years ownership and 24,000 miles on mine will cost me about £4,000 in depreciation. About the same as a Mondeo driver suffers in their first six weeks from new.

Latest posts

Back