petrol stations

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pumapilot said:
Just like that:

Mmmmmmmm :cool:

pumakid2010 said:
thats good for used car buyers like us really alot of quailty cheaper than stupid high prices when there new

But the key is to buy them when they have stopped depreciating quickly. The 997 hasn't reached that stage yet.

I upset the instructor in the Cayman, by saying that my Puma accelerated quicker, Chris the instructor in the 997 was a lad, cruised out of the pitlane, then he said "point it at the entry to the next corner, floor it, then hang on tight and try not to scream", put my foot down, and nothing happened, for all of half a second, then all hell broke loose, wound my way around the circuit, and on my 4th and final lap, i was told to "nail it and let it fly", managed to get up to 115mph, at the top if the 1 in 37 incline of Woodham hill.

As for the Cayman instructor, he showed me the circuit, at racing speed (his racecar was a Caterham, but we were in a Mazda TS3), and that was quick, revenge was sweet, i hung on for dear life.

time to fill up again tomorrow ummm shell or sainsbury's decisions decisions i dont think it actually matters as long as it isnt over priced

i did try one of them compare the petrol sites they told me my local tesco was cheapest at £1.15 but when i got there it was £1.19 and it was updated the day before on the site very strange

I'd be suprised if Tesco is the cheapest nowadays as they seem to have become greedy barstewards over the last year or so. To the point where I now boycott them!!

Asda is the cheapest more or less 100% of the time round my area even taking in account the clubcard points from Tesco and the points from Morrisons. Plus I don't trust Tesco pumps calibration and wrekon there's a fiddle going on.

you want to see rip off prices then look at this:
29042010559.jpg

the super is 15p a litre more!! crazy!! biggest difference ive seen before is usually about 6p! I was so disgusted i went half mile down the road to somewhere else!! Do they think people are that stupid to pay it or have they given up trying to compete with local garages so just spiralled the cost to catch out the odd stupid person???

the bp garage a few yards away from me has prices like this i prefer to drive 1 mile to my shell or sainsbury's garage

its not that bad once in a while using these garages but over the months it can add up

i never heard of petrol making an engine rattle have you had your car serviced lately?

Yes I have at Tremona. The rattle happened twice and both times was Sainsbury petrol. I agree that it sounds unbelievable and it could be a coincidence but I have no other idea as to what might have caused it. My boyfriend is convinced it isn't just paranoia :p

No reason she shouldn't go on well beyond 109k though; I am determined!!

Trying not to think about the list of problems (all minor) :s

He said it sounded the same as his Puma engine before it went but that was weeks ago now so it can't have been same prob (thank God!).

XIIVVX said:
3) I can carry on my campaign "Why make your Puma slower and less economical by sticking a plastic spoiler on the back when the last thing a Puma needs is downforce at the rear?"

:)

:lol:

with regular oil changes and using good quality oil theres no reason the engine wont reach 160,000 easy the zetec engines are very reliable infact the engine will probably going strong and they car will fall apart around it

Always good practice to keep on top of the oil levels. Some 1.7's seem to drink it, whereas my old 1.7 and my FRP hardly use a drop.

Latest posts

Back