petrol stations

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you must have good quality oil in and probably dont do a lot of miles

cars that need topping up all the time do a lot of miles

its good to change oil filter and oil once a year

I use Ford oil, do average mileage and service once a year. Some Pumas use more oil than other regardless of mileage.

Mine seems to go in phases. It was drinking it for a month or so, needed to top it up twice. But its stayed at the same level now for a long time now.

I agree with the good practise to check your oil regulary! I do mine every week.

i never noticed my car using more oil than necesary i only check my oil probably every 2 months its never below the mark on the dipstick even if its a little low as long as you top it up everything should be fine.only when the oil light comes on the dash should you really worry that its seriously low

Hahahahahahaha if you honestly think that is true bad times are ahead!

Many many Puma 1.7 engines have gone due to low oil. The low pressure light is just that, and will not tell you when engine oil is low, just when it is starved. If your Puma doesn't drink oil you are lucky, but for your own sake check it more often in case it starts drinking more. It won't cost you anything and could save your engine!

pumakid2010 said:
..only when the oil light comes on the dash should you really worry that its seriously low

One of the great values of this forum, and others, is the ability to kill misconceptions like this one.

As said above, if that light ever comes on you are already in deep doo-doos

crystalpuma said:
The low pressure light is just that, and will not tell you when engine oil is low, just when it is starved.

Pumakid has got the message already, but let's just stress this one more time for anybody else passing through. The dipstick is one thousand times more important than the polishing cloth in keeping your Puma happy

pumakid2010 said:
time to fill up again tomorrow ummm shell or sainsbury's decisions decisions i dont think it actually matters as long as it isnt over priced.

Obviously you've not taken on board comments made in this thread, i used Sainsburys fuel, and my Puma suffered, i use Shell now, and no problems at all.

Desicion - what desicion, use Shell.

that was one case there has been no others with these sainsbury petrol problems maybe it was just your car

anyway i will try use shell when i can

i have used sainsburys petrol last week instead of shell,and mine is more noisey than normal,but going back to shell and not use sainsbury's again!!!

Latest posts

Back