Pixie's Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STEAVIE said:
when you fit new springs car will sit higher for a while till they settle down! i had 35mm drop on 17s and was a good drop!

Thanks for the decent info Steavie :), how long do they usually take to settle in?

depends on how much you drive it etc and the make of springs i fitted apex and they took 2/3 months to settle down but have fitted other makes they have took longer! what make did you buy??

Iv always found the old, it takes time to settle a bit of a myth. When you first put it on usually that's how it will look, until of course it becomes very old and worn lol. Peoples disappointment over a new kit not going down as much as expected is normally down to old worn suspension sagging due to age

Pixie said:
I think the ones I have ordered are 40mm :oops:

if your on 15s 40mm will be fine, it mite still look a bit high on the rear ive got mine set around 50mm on the rear now on 15s, here is a pic of 40mm all round

image.php

and here is a pic around 50mm on coilovers

image.php

any settling ive ever noticed is just from jacking the car up and settles with a short trip round the block.

Well I had another look last night and they are 60-40's :/ correct me if i'm wrong but thats 60mm on the front & 40mm on the back? :/

Oh good I was hoping it was that way round :D
are there an pics on this site with 60-40's fitted?

when i was looking the fks were 60 on the front and 40 on the back it just said 60/40 on the ad so i messaged fk and asked,i did think if only it was the other way round at the time ended up buy coilovers to get the right height in the end :roll: if they did a 45 front and a 55 rear kit i think it would be perfect for 15s.

Thats it!! I'm getting coilys :( bloomin Springs did nothing other than ruin my nails :(

(TOP = BEFORE / BOTTOM = AFTER)

35klnc6.png

Hmm, that's not a lot of difference. :-(

Have you fitted new top mounts too? If so, they would be firmer than the ones you took off so would in effect make the suspension higher.

That FlyingScotsmans always going on about green cars :roll:

He's GREEN WITH ENVY IF YOU ASK ME Pacific green obviously

Pixie did you compare the old and new springs while they were off the car because the difference in those piccies is minute, even if you fitted new top mounts I was only expecting them to make a 1 cm difference

topmansparkie said:
Hmm, that's not a lot of difference. :-(

Have you fitted new top mounts too? If so, they would be firmer than the ones you took off so would in effect make the suspension higher.

Use the originals??
or use new ones?

Ideally, you should have taken before and after vertical measurements from either the centre of the wheel, or ground, to each wheel arch. This would have given you the actual drop obtained.

June 2008, I fitted Eibach springs (-30mm) and new top mounts. I reused the original dampers, as they had done less than 9,000 miles. After, the wheel centre to arch measurements were, front approximately 34cm, rear approximately 35.5cm.
March 2011 (25,000 miles), I fitted four new KYB dampers.
Today, (32,000 miles), they measure, front approximately 34cm, rear approximately 36.0cm.

[fullalbumimg]1213[/fullalbumimg]

Back